The Uprising, the follow-up to Lisa M. Stasse’s super-addictive The Forsaken, doesn’t hit shelves until August 2013. But EW can exclusively reveal the cover today. Here’s what Stasse had to say about the cover: “I was really excited when I saw the cover for The Uprising. It’s a little different from The Forsaken, but it still has the same mysterious, edgy sci-fi feel. I’m totally in love with Lizzy Bromley’s work. She designed the cover, and a great British artist named Dan Mountford took the photos for it. Much like The Forsaken, there are a lot of hidden secrets in the cover art. It will probably have more resonance for readers once they’ve read the book.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Forsaken (1-2 of 2)
In a genre that seems to be all the rage right now (thank you, Suzanne Collins), it’s always nice to find a new YA dystopian series that you just can’t seem to put down. Such is the case with Lisa Stasse’s debut, The Forsaken, which hit shelves last month. The first in a planned trilogy, The Forsaken, is a fast-paced novel that’s unsurprisingly drawing comparisons to The Hunger Games and Veronica Roth’s Divergent series. But you’ll quickly get sucked into the story and soon forget the aforementioned comparisons are why you decided to give it a chance in the first place.
Set in the near future, The Forsaken follows Alenna, a 16-year-old orphan living in the U.N.A., a super-country that was once the United States, Mexico, and Canada. But when she fails a government-mandated test, she’s sent to Island Alpha (a.k.a. The Wheel) where all would-be criminals end up. Life expectancy for prisoners on the island is only two years, so Alenna and the other inhabitants struggle to survive in the less-than-ideal conditions.
Here, Stasse talks about her inspiration for the book, answers some burning questions about book one, and reveals for the first time the title of the next book in the trilogy. Warning: Mild spoilers ahead!
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Sons of Anarchy' takes its final ride: See new EW cover
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Sons of Anarchy'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Utopia': Tuesday TV recaps
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast go inside 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Bones' sneak peek: The team vows to avenge Sweets
- Lauren Cohan on Maggie in 'Walking Dead' season 5: 'We're all animals now'
- Ben Affleck teases Jon Stewart: 'Rosewater' or 'Argo Jr.'?
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'
- First trailer for Syfy's space thriller 'Ascension' starring Tricia Helfer