The paperback version of Starters, author Lissa Price’s debut novel, hit shelves tomorrow. In honor of the re-release—complete with a new look (see above), and a never-been-seen short story “Portrait of a Spore”—we got our hands on the cover of Enders, the sequel to the 2012 YA novel. After the jump, check out an exclusive excerpt from Enders (out Jan. 7). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Starters (1-2 of 2)
I read a lot of YA, and I’ll confess, some of it I read begrudgingly. Starters was one of those books. “I’m not going to like this,” I told myself. Famous last words.
Starters, the debut novel from author Lissa Price, follows 16-year-old Callie in a high-concept futuristic thriller. Callie lost her parents after a genocide spore wiped out everyone except those who were vaccinated first—the very young (Starters) and the very old (Enders). In an effort to make a better life for herself and her 7-year-old brother, Callie looks to Prime Destinations, a company run by a mysterious figure only know as The Old Man. Prime Destinations hires teens to rent their bodies to seniors. Callie, lured by the hope of a better life, agrees to rent out her body. And it all seems like the perfect plan until she realizes her renter plans to commit murder in her body if she can’t figure out a way to stop it.
Price took some time to chat with EW about Starters, which hit shelves yesterday, and Enders, the sequel due in December. Check out the interview after the jump, and then sound off in the comments: Will you be adding Starters to your to-read list?
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
Top 5 Most Read
- Amazingly, no fall shows have been canceled yet -- here's why
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 5-Minute Oral History: The 'thousand yellow daisies' scene in 'Gilmore Girls'