The paperback version of Starters, author Lissa Price’s debut novel, hit shelves tomorrow. In honor of the re-release—complete with a new look (see above), and a never-been-seen short story “Portrait of a Spore”—we got our hands on the cover of Enders, the sequel to the 2012 YA novel. After the jump, check out an exclusive excerpt from Enders (out Jan. 7). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Starters (1-2 of 2)
I read a lot of YA, and I’ll confess, some of it I read begrudgingly. Starters was one of those books. “I’m not going to like this,” I told myself. Famous last words.
Starters, the debut novel from author Lissa Price, follows 16-year-old Callie in a high-concept futuristic thriller. Callie lost her parents after a genocide spore wiped out everyone except those who were vaccinated first—the very young (Starters) and the very old (Enders). In an effort to make a better life for herself and her 7-year-old brother, Callie looks to Prime Destinations, a company run by a mysterious figure only know as The Old Man. Prime Destinations hires teens to rent their bodies to seniors. Callie, lured by the hope of a better life, agrees to rent out her body. And it all seems like the perfect plan until she realizes her renter plans to commit murder in her body if she can’t figure out a way to stop it.
Price took some time to chat with EW about Starters, which hit shelves yesterday, and Enders, the sequel due in December. Check out the interview after the jump, and then sound off in the comments: Will you be adding Starters to your to-read list?
Latest Videos in Books
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?