Vladmir Putin and Prince are on the same page about profanity right now, specifically that they’ve had enough of it. Putin passed a law that “requires books containing obscenities to come in sealed packages with warning labels and that bans cursing in movies and the performing arts,” according to NPR. There’s no official list of banned words, but it will be up to the Ministry of Culture to decide what is too profane. Prince, on the other hand, just told Essence magazine that he’s not swearing in his music anymore because we should treat “all people like royalty,” and you don’t swear in front of royalty. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Ruth Reichl (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Chiwetel Ejiofor signs on for Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser poster revealed
- 'Into the Woods' featurette: Go behind the scenes with Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Co.
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 10 songs where guest rappers stole the show
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5 rumors debunked
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned
- This week's cover: 'Into the Woods' enchants EW's holiday movie preview
- WIll Smith bringing 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox