Jon Cryer is writing a memoir, and I hope he makes it a diary from the perspective of Duckie. I would snap that book up. Sounds like Cryer has the right attitude about it though: “In these times of truly global crisis when fear is outracing hope, I think we can all be grateful that the guy who played Duckie in Pretty in Pink is writing a book. It’ll be filled with just what you’d expect from me; juicy tidbits on international monetary policy, catty comments regarding agriculture in Central Asia and of course, forbidden anecdotes about stamp collecting. And maybe I’ll talk about Charlie Sheen.”
Tag: Russell Brand (1-2 of 2)
On the Books: Guantanamo detainee pens column on censorship after being denied Russell Brand's book; Pearson's non-profit arm reaches $7.7 million settlement
Censorship, a settlement, and self-improvement — all topics in today’s book news. Read on for the top headlines: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- Lady Gaga, Chris Pratt, and more take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge