You know who’s cool? Maggie Shipstead, whose debut Seating Arrangements (EW grade: A–) won the Dylan Thomas Award for best novel by an author under 30. In the novel, two preppy families gather on a tony island off the New England coast for a wedding, which gets all that blue blood pumping when several members of the party have epic meltdowns, and the festivities become explosive — literally. Read on for insights on combustive cetaceans and the nomenclature and study of WASPs from one of the most promising breakout authors of 2012. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Maggie Shipstead (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- 'Parks and Recreation' First Look: It's Treat Yo Self 2017
- Adam Scott to visit Rashida Jones' TBS comedy 'Angie Tribeca'
- David Tennant cast as villain in Netflix's 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Emma Watson set as Belle in live-action musical 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals