You know who’s cool? Maggie Shipstead, whose debut Seating Arrangements (EW grade: A–) won the Dylan Thomas Award for best novel by an author under 30. In the novel, two preppy families gather on a tony island off the New England coast for a wedding, which gets all that blue blood pumping when several members of the party have epic meltdowns, and the festivities become explosive — literally. Read on for insights on combustive cetaceans and the nomenclature and study of WASPs from one of the most promising breakout authors of 2012. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Maggie Shipstead (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Frank Miller wrote that: 13 tell-tale signs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
Top 5 Most Read
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- New ABC special dares to rank all-time best 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'