Nobel Prize-winning author Gabriel García Márquez has passed away at the age of 87, according to the Associated Press. García Márquez was recently hospitalized for an infection in Mexico City, and on Wednesday, April 9, he was released to convalesce at his home. The Colombian-born author and journalist is considered one of the most important writers of the 20th century. In his lifetime, he published six novels and seven nonfiction books, as well as numerous novellas and short story collections. His work transcended Spanish-language literature to become internationally beloved.
Tag: Gabriel García Márquez (1-2 of 2)
According to a published report, Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez has almost finished a new novel called En Agosto Nos Vemos (translation: “We’ll meet in August”). In a speech celebrating the publication of Yo No Vengo A Decir un Discurso, a collection of speeches just published in Spain and Latin America, Random House Mondadori editor Cristobal Pera said that the Nobel laureate “is as good as can be expected of an 83-year-old man who has come out undefeated in his battle with cancer.”
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- STAHP in the name of love 965
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 594
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 459
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 316
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Sony releases surprise NSync album; NSync is surprised