News anchor Elizabeth Vargas has announced that she is penning a memoir about her struggle with anxiety and alcoholism. The untitled project will be released by Grand Central Publishing in Spring 2016. Grand Central said that the 20/20 anchor’s memoir will be “a no-holds-barred account of growing up with crippling anxiety and of turning to alcohol for relief. She’ll divulge how she found herself living a dark double life and will share personal stories of her despair, her time in rehab, and, ultimately, her recovery process.” Vargas found solace in reading stories by other women who had battled alcoholism and she feels like it’s her turn to share. “I have spent my entire life telling other peoples’ stories,” she said. “This one is my own, and is incredibly personal: the burden and the loneliness of the secret drinker. If just one other person can relate to it, it will make my own story worth writing, and I will have paid the gift forward.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Elizabeth Vargas (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Sons of Anarchy' trailer asks if Jax does bad things (Spoiler: Yes)
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'Outlander' author Diana Gabaldon visits 18th-century Scotland: First Look
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Pretty Little Liars' finale postmortem: (Spoiler) talks 'epic death'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos'
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins