Smoke, the much-anticipated sequel to Ellen Hopkins’ 2006 novel, Burned, hits shelves today. Even though there’s a seven-year gap between the release dates, Smoke picks up just a week or so after the end of Burned. “It’s a special book to me because I wasn’t going to write it, and it ended up being one of my favorite books I’ve ever written,” said Hopkins. “I really feel like I did the best I could for Pattyn, and I think my readers will appreciate what I did for her.” Read on for more with Hopkins where she talks about Smoke, her 2014 release Rumble, and her new non-profit organization. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Burned (1-2 of 2)
Smoke, Ellen Hopkins’ followup to 2007′s Burned, hits shelves Sept. 10. In it, Hopkins continues the story of Pattyn Von Stratten, told through the perspective of Pattyn and her sister, Jackie. Here’s the official description: “Pattyn Von Stratten’s father is dead, and Pattyn is on the run. After far too many years of abuse at the hands of her father, and after the tragic loss of her beloved Ethan and their unborn child, Pattyn is desperate for peace. Only her sister Jackie knows what happened that night, but she is stuck at home with their mother, who clings to normalcy by allowing the truth to be covered up by their domineering community leaders. Her father might be finally gone, but without Pattyn, Jackie is desperately isolated. Alone and in disguise, Pattyn starts a new life, but is it even possible to rebuild a life when everything you’ve known has burned to ash and lies seem far safer than the truth?”
Now after the jump, check out the never-before-been-seen cover of Smoke. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'All Tapped Out'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Salem' series premiere: Our take...and yours?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Slaves to Love
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: The Heart of the Matter
- 'Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen on the return of Littlefinger
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- TV Jukebox: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Scandal,' 'Mad Men,' and more of the week's best music-on-TV moments