DC Comics is celebrating 75 years of the Dark Knight with a free comic book. On July 23, a.k.a. Batman Day, DC Comics will give away copies of Detective Comics issue 27. No, not the actual 1939 comic book that introduced readers to Batman, but a retelling of that original story by best-selling author Brad Meltzer and artwork by the always amazing Bryan Hitch in an all-new, special edition of the mega-size New52 issue, designed by Chip Kidd (Bat-Manga!), and I have to say it’s nice to see one of the original creators, artist Bill Finger, credited on the cover of a Batman comic. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bryan Hitch (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Mike Nichols, veteran director and Emmy/Grammy/Oscar/Tony winner, dies at 83
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'SNL': Amy Adams-One Direction; James Franco-Nicki Minaj; Martin Freeman-Charli XCX in December
- 'Cups' returns in 'Pitch Perfect 2' trailer
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' First Look: 10 photos from the movie and on the set
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': 10 things you need to know about the sequel
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' stars sparkle in new EW portraits
- 'Gotham' boss: 'We want to establish the canonical Gotham--and then start messing with people's minds'