Beautiful Creatures co-author Kami Garcia already tackled witches in her previous best-selling series, and now she’s hunting ghosts in her upcoming Legion books, which begins with Unbreakable on Oct. 1. See the cover below, along with more about the book: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Beautiful Creatures (1-5 of 5)
Young adult fiction may seem to be all about dystopias today, but there are plenty of books still taking place in the good ol’ US of A.
An Epic Reads user known as EpicGirl has put together this gorgeous map featuring a YA book for every state in the US. For example, Rosemary Clement-Moore’s The Splendor Falls takes place in Alabama, Jean Craighead George’s Julie of the Wolves takes place in Alaska, and so on and so forth. We can’t post the image in question here, but click on the link above to check out the map, then come back here to share your thoughts!
My top ten highlights:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Florida)
The Fault in Our Stars (Indiana)
The Diviners (New York)
The Truth About Forever (North Carolina)
Beautiful Creatures (South Carolina)
The Raven Boys (Virginia)
How many states are you at? I’m only at 17, but I’m looking forward to a YA road trip, with my first stop being Shattered Souls. (What can I say? I’m a sucker for a cover with a flowy dress.) What are your favorites on the list? Can you think of any other suggestions? Perhaps we can inspire EpicGirl to create a part two!
Amazon picks its 10 best books of 2012
Five reasons Shailene Woodley could make a great Tris in ‘Divergent’
Love ‘Divergent’ by Veronica Roth’? 10 other teen reads you can’t miss: ‘Warm Bodies,’ ‘Tempest’ and more
It’s finale time! Not for the new TV season that’s just getting underway, but for Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl’s best-selling southern gothic series, which began with Beautiful Creatures. The fourth and final book, Beautiful Redemption, isn’t out until Oct. 23, but we have an atmospheric and moody trailer to whet your appetite for Ethan and Lena’s last, bittersweet adventure — even though their movie adventure is just beginning.
Also, in the spirit of going out with a bang, the authors have told EW their favorite pop culture finales. Based on their tastes, let’s just say Garcia and Stohl could totally work at EW if writing hugely popular book-to-film YA franchises doesn’t work out. Who knew they were such geeks? (In the best possible way). READ FULL STORY
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl is one of the strongest contenders to become the next big teen franchise. This best-selling South Carolina-set Southern Gothic series revolves around high schooler Ethan Wate, who falls in love with a girl who appears in his dreams. A major film adaptation is in the works with stars like Viola Davis and Emma Thompson attached, along with lesser-knowns Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert as the teen leads. The three installments so far — Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, and Beautiful Chaos — have garnered positive reviews and gained a large following. The fourth novel Beautiful Redemption won’t be available until Oct. 23, but EW has the first peek at the cover below! READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'The Walking Dead' star Danai Gurira wigs out
- 'Into the Woods' character names not getting Disney makeover (Updated)
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle' and more
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo