It’s quite a Wednesday for book news — today’s top stories feature Jack Ryan, Catfish, and bad sex. Read on for more headlines: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bad Sex Awards (1-2 of 2)
Eat your heart out, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Literary Review revealed its shortlist for this year’s Bad Sex in Fiction Awards — a prize that, as the name suggests, goes to the worst, most embarrassing literary passage about sex. Founded in 1993, the award is used “to draw attention to the crude, badly written, often perfunctory use of redundant passages of sexual description in the modern novel, and to discourage it.”
This year’s eight candidates include authors Woodie Guthrie, Matthew Reynolds, and Susan Choi, who all included unfortunately awkward-sounding sex scenes in their writings this year. The books, though devoid of pornographic literature, had enough cringe-worthy paragraphs to merit the, er, honor of being shortlisted.
Check out the full shortlist — and some (possibly NSFW) excerpts — below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Hawaii Five-0' season premiere sneak peek: McGarrett and Danno go to therapy
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Fox is finally making 'X-Men' spinoff 'Deadpool'
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- Naked body painting! Naked drum circle! And other things we saw at 'Dating Naked: The Wedding'