It’s quite a Wednesday for book news — today’s top stories feature Jack Ryan, Catfish, and bad sex. Read on for more headlines: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bad Sex Awards (1-2 of 2)
Eat your heart out, Fifty Shades of Grey.
Literary Review revealed its shortlist for this year’s Bad Sex in Fiction Awards — a prize that, as the name suggests, goes to the worst, most embarrassing literary passage about sex. Founded in 1993, the award is used “to draw attention to the crude, badly written, often perfunctory use of redundant passages of sexual description in the modern novel, and to discourage it.”
This year’s eight candidates include authors Woodie Guthrie, Matthew Reynolds, and Susan Choi, who all included unfortunately awkward-sounding sex scenes in their writings this year. The books, though devoid of pornographic literature, had enough cringe-worthy paragraphs to merit the, er, honor of being shortlisted.
Check out the full shortlist — and some (possibly NSFW) excerpts — below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Scandal' scores its highest-rated season finale
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- Alice Cooper: Welcome to his nightmare (at Tribeca)
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO