I hate it when great YA reads fly under my radar. And that’s exactly what happened with Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds. Minds—the first in a planned trilogy—debuted last December and follows Ruby, one of the few kids to survive a mysterious disease killing American children. Ruby’s sent to a government rehabilitation camp at the age of 10, and now at 16, she’s dealing with powerful abilities she’s can’t control. I was admittedly late to the Darkest Minds party, but now I’m totally hooked on the series and even pestering Bracken on Twitter to send me an early copy of the second book, Never Fade. While my online fandom hasn’t yet produced a copy of book 2, I did manage to get an exclusive first look at the cover. Check it out after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Alexandra Bracken (1-2 of 2)
'The Darkest Minds': Check out the trailer and read an excerpt from Alexandra Bracken's new novel -- EXCLUSIVE
Meet your next dystopian obsession: Brightly Woven author Alexandra Bracken is back and we’ve got an exclusive first peek at her new novel!
The Darkest Minds centers on Ruby, a 16-year-old who breaks out of a government “rehabilitation camp” for super-powered humans. Desperate and lonely, she goes on the run and joins up with a group of other children who’ve managed to escape the camps. Together, they will journey to a safe haven known as East River. But does it truly offer the salvation they seek? Or is something darker afoot? Check out the trailer for The Darkest Minds below, then read an exclusive excerpt afterwards!
- Miley Cyrus at Jingle Ball: Santa's twerk shop
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- Harry Potter U.K. box set gets new art: Books news
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
Top 5 Most Read
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian