Alex London made waves earlier this year with Proxy, a futuristic thriller about kids who pay off their debt by serving the criminal sentences for wealthy children. Think a modern-day Whipping Boy. The sequel, Guardian, picks up where Proxy left off. “Syd has taken down the corrupt system of and left the world in various states of ruin. In the new world, Syd is the figurehead of the revolution and his bodyguard, Liam, will stop at nothing to save him. When people begin falling ill with a mysterious virus, Syd must travel back to his abandoned home to reverse the revolution he began.” Guardian doesn’t hit shelves until May 29, but we’ve got an exclusive look at the first three chapters today. Check it out after the jump.
Read three chapters from Alex London's 'Proxy' sequel -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'