Alex London made waves earlier this year with Proxy, a futuristic thriller about kids who pay off their debt by serving the criminal sentences for wealthy children. Think a modern-day Whipping Boy. The sequel, Guardian, picks up where Proxy left off. “Syd has taken down the corrupt system of and left the world in various states of ruin. In the new world, Syd is the figurehead of the revolution and his bodyguard, Liam, will stop at nothing to save him. When people begin falling ill with a mysterious virus, Syd must travel back to his abandoned home to reverse the revolution he began.” Guardian doesn’t hit shelves until May 29, but we’ve got an exclusive look at the first three chapters today. Check it out after the jump.
Read three chapters from Alex London's 'Proxy' sequel -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO