Alex London made waves earlier this year with Proxy, a futuristic thriller about kids who pay off their debt by serving the criminal sentences for wealthy children. Think a modern-day Whipping Boy. The sequel, Guardian, picks up where Proxy left off. “Syd has taken down the corrupt system of and left the world in various states of ruin. In the new world, Syd is the figurehead of the revolution and his bodyguard, Liam, will stop at nothing to save him. When people begin falling ill with a mysterious virus, Syd must travel back to his abandoned home to reverse the revolution he began.” Guardian doesn’t hit shelves until May 29, but we’ve got an exclusive look at the first three chapters today. Check it out after the jump.
Read three chapters from Alex London's 'Proxy' sequel -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Books
- Robert Kirkman talks 'AIR,' Norman Reedus' role in it
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!