The rise comes before the fall. (I know it’s technically “pride,” but I think Magnus Bane would still approve.) The fifth installment of The Bane Chronicles was titled The Rise of the Hotel Dumort. And the seventh installment, which debuts Oct. 15, is aptly titled The Fall of the Hotel Dumort. From the official description: “Magnus Bane watches the once-glamorous Hotel Dumort become something else altogether in 1970s New York City. Fifty years after the Jazz Age rise of the Hotel Dumort, immortal warlock Magnus Bane knows the Manhattan landmark is on the decline. The once-beautiful Hotel Dumort has fallen into a decayed thing, a ruin, as dead as a place can be. But the vampires don’t mind…” Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson teamed up for Fall. Make sure you check back next month for cover reveal No. 8.
See the cover of 'Bane Chronicles' No. 7 -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Books
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'If I Stay' aims to evict 'Turtles' from top spot at box office
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- Binge watcher rises to EW's 24-hour Emmy challenge, adds live Twitter commentary
- Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift video showdown: Pick your winner
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- Zen and the art of casting Bill Murray in your movie
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- Emmys 2014: Who Will Win...and Who Should