Gleeks, rejoice! Glee star Chris Colfer has just signed a two-book deal with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. The first will be an adventure novel that draws elements from the very, very in-vogue world of classic fairy tales. The Land of Stories is set to hit stores in summer 2012, with the second as-of-yet untitled novel coming later. While these will be Colfer’s first foray as a novelist, he does have some experience as a writer, having recently penned the scripts for a Disney Channel pilot and the movie Struck by Lightning. According to Colfer, The Land of Stories has been percolating in his brain for quite a while. “When I was ten years old, I promised myself that if I ever had the opportunity to write this book, I would jump at the chance,” he says in the press release. “This book has been at the core of my imagination for a long time and I’m excited and nervous to share it.”
Chris Colfer of 'Glee' gets a book deal. Fans get your jazz hands ready.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Veep' cast: My dream scene would be...
- Sutton Foster in 'Violet': EW stage review
- 'Everest Jump Live' canceled after tragedy
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Salem' series premiere: Worth a look?
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email
- Box office report: 'Captain America' crosses $200 million in its third week