A new book from Tolkien! HarperCollins has the rights to JRR Tolkien’s translation of Beowulf, which will be published on May 22nd and edited by his son, Christopher. Tolkien translated the oldest extant poem in Old English in 1926, but never had it published. The book will feature a selection of lectures on Beowulf given by Tolkien at Oxford in the 1930’s. Beowulf: A Translation and Commentary is the first new book from Tolkien since the narrative poem “The Fall of Arthur,” which came out last year. [The Bookseller] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Zadie Smith (1-2 of 2)
The Women’s Prize for Fiction — formerly the Orange Prize before the telephone corporation withdrew its funding — has announced its 20 contenders out of 140 submissions. The wide-ranging longlist of female authors includes literary heavyweights like Zadie Smith and Barbara Kingsolver as well as newcomers Shani Boianjiu and Francesca Segal. It includes Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel, which EW named the best novel of 2012, as well as Sheila Heti’s How Should a Person Be?, which EW named one of the worst. See the full list below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Salem' series premiere: Our take...and yours?
- 'Turn' react: 'Of Cabbage and Kings'
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Box office report: 'Captain America' crosses $200 million in its third week
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email