Some of you might know The Smiths as one of the seminal indie rock bands of the 1980′s, responsible for such landmark albums as Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead. Others (myself included) know them as “that band that Zooey Deschanel listens to in (500) Days of Summer“. Thanks to Ms. Deschanel’s music-savvy temptress and, now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the group that made Morrissey and Johnny Marr household names is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. But there’s much more to these Manchester lads than weepie teen fiction.
Tag: Top of the Pops (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Robert Kirkman talks 'AIR,' Norman Reedus' role in it
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Jon Stewart: 'Let's Buy CNN' -- with incentives
- 'Get On Up': It's Chadwick Boseman's world
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Judge says John Travolta can't stop alleged gay lover from spilling secrets