Passionaries, the second book in Tonya Hurley’s Blessed series hits shelves today. In honor of the novel’s release, we’ve got an exclusive look at the trailer! Here’s the official description, then check out the video after the jump. “In Precious Blood, Agnes, Cecelia, and Lucy watched as Sebastian sacrificed himself for what he believed in, and now they have choices to make of their own. Will the girls trust in their destinies as saints and martyrs and perform the miracles as Sebastian instructed? Or will they lose faith in themselves and each other in his absence? Time is running out for them to make a decision, and the fate of the world lies in the balance.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Tonya Hurley (1-4 of 4)
Last fall, Tonya Hurley released the first book in her Blessed trilogy. For the paperback release on June 25, the first novel in the series is getting brand new packaging, along with a new title, Precious Blood. Here’s a refresher from the official description: “Agnes, Cecilia, and Lucy are three lost girls—each with their own personal demons…. These girls meet one night when they all end up in the same hospital…and each wake up with a token from a boy they’ve only just met. Sebastian is gorgeous, mysterious, and has a plan for all of them. As each girl gets wrapped up in finding out just who Sebastian is, they each discover their own strengths, and realize the only way to save themselves is to save each other.” Check out the new cover after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Last week EW debuted the book trailer for Tonya Hurley’s new YA novel, The Blessed. Today we bring you an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the audiobook version of The Blessed (out Sept. 25).
Kara Hayward, the young lead in Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, has been tapped to bring Lucy, Agnes, and Cecelia to life by narrating the audiobook. Watch this exclusive video featuring photos from the recording, and an audio interview with Hayward discussing the narration process after the jump.
Tonya Hurley, the New York Times best-selling author of the ghostgirl series, is at it again with a brand new YA trilogy. The first book, The Blessed (out Sept. 25), is inspired by the stories of three Catholic martyrs: Lucy, Agnes, and Cecelia.
Here’s the official description: “A re-imagined redemption remix following three wayward teenage girls in Brooklyn that draws on the earliest martyrdom legends of St. Lucy, St. Cecelia and St. Agnes, The Blessed is a dark and gritty supernatural romance that puts an ancient twist on modern love and relationships. Along with the enigmatic Sebastian, Lucy, Agnes, and Cecilia are forced to figure out who is good and who is evil in the battle for not only love, but for their own souls.”
EW can reveal the exclusive trailer for The Blessed, which was filmed in Brooklyn’s St. Ann’s Church. Check it out after the jump.
Latest Videos in Books
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Selma' First Look: David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Zach on 'Big Brother' eviction: 'I couldn't keep my frootloop dingus mouth shut'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'