In 2011, Ransom Riggs spun a chilling fantasy story from a collection of creepy vintage photographs. The follow-up to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children — which EW can exclusively reveal will be titled Hollow City — begins in 1940, immediately after the first novel ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends flee to London, the peculiar capital of the world, where more danger awaits them. Once again, Hollow City (out Jan. 14) will come complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly unsettling) vintage photographs. Are you ready to be haunted again? Check out the first excerpt below! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Title Reveal (1-2 of 2)
For her upcoming third outing, Bridget Jones has changed quite a bit — she’s older, living in present-day London, and she’s immersed in texting and social media — but judging from the title of the new book, she’s still having relationship issues. And yes, she’s still keeping a diary.
Knopf has announced that the third Bridget Jones novel by Helen Fielding, coming out Oct. 15, will be called Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, although everyone is keeping tight-lipped about who the “boy” is. The publisher has also released a micro-excerpt: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Leftovers': Why 'Gladys' is the last straw for EW critic
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' finale