In 2011, Ransom Riggs spun a chilling fantasy story from a collection of creepy vintage photographs. The follow-up to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children — which EW can exclusively reveal will be titled Hollow City — begins in 1940, immediately after the first novel ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends flee to London, the peculiar capital of the world, where more danger awaits them. Once again, Hollow City (out Jan. 14) will come complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly unsettling) vintage photographs. Are you ready to be haunted again? Check out the first excerpt below! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Title Reveal (1-2 of 2)
For her upcoming third outing, Bridget Jones has changed quite a bit — she’s older, living in present-day London, and she’s immersed in texting and social media — but judging from the title of the new book, she’s still having relationship issues. And yes, she’s still keeping a diary.
Knopf has announced that the third Bridget Jones novel by Helen Fielding, coming out Oct. 15, will be called Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, although everyone is keeping tight-lipped about who the “boy” is. The publisher has also released a micro-excerpt: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Doctor Who' recap: 'Into the Dalek'
- 'Outlander' recap: 'The Gathering'
- 'Walking Dead': 6 stars on how they'd like their characters to die
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers