In 2011, Ransom Riggs spun a chilling fantasy story from a collection of creepy vintage photographs. The follow-up to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children — which EW can exclusively reveal will be titled Hollow City — begins in 1940, immediately after the first novel ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends flee to London, the peculiar capital of the world, where more danger awaits them. Once again, Hollow City (out Jan. 14) will come complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly unsettling) vintage photographs. Are you ready to be haunted again? Check out the first excerpt below! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Title Reveal (1-2 of 2)
For her upcoming third outing, Bridget Jones has changed quite a bit — she’s older, living in present-day London, and she’s immersed in texting and social media — but judging from the title of the new book, she’s still having relationship issues. And yes, she’s still keeping a diary.
Knopf has announced that the third Bridget Jones novel by Helen Fielding, coming out Oct. 15, will be called Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, although everyone is keeping tight-lipped about who the “boy” is. The publisher has also released a micro-excerpt: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'