More than a century after L. Frank Baum’s novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the Emerald City continues to shine brightly in pop culture. Debut novelist Danielle Paige signed a three-book and three-digital novella deal with HarperCollins. The series will start with Dorothy Must Die, described as “The Wizard of Oz meets Kill Bill“, in April 2014. In this re-imagining, a twister rips through Kansas and transports Amy Gumm — most likely inspired by Judy Garland’s birth name Frances Gumm — into Oz, which has been transformed under Dorothy’s tyrannical misrule. In a complete twist from the original, Amy must steal the Scarecrow’s brain, remove the Tin Woodman’s heart, and take the Lion’s courage. And ultimately — destroy Dorothy. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Wizard of Oz (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Marvel has a 'Strange' feeling about Joaquin Phoenix
- 'Under the Dome' hasn't see the last of Britt Robertson as Angie
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- 'Boxtrolls' co-directors' Q&A: Why Ben Kingsley was 'recorded reclining backwards in a chair'
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- Brangelina: From 'Mr and Mrs. Smith' to Mr. and Mrs. Pitt
- 'Reign' season 2's first portrait features Mary, Francis, and Mary's legs
Top 5 Most Read
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: What is in that cage?!?
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Where did Sheldon go on the train?
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan