The final installment of The Forsaken trilogy won’t hit shelves until July 8, 2014, but you can read an exclusive excerpt of The Defiant today! This series has been one of my under-the-radar YA favorites, and I can’t wait to read the sure-to-be-epic conclusion. Author Lisa M. Stasse emailed us a few thoughts about the cover and book: “Lizzy Bromley designed the covers for The Forsaken and The Uprising as well. I am totally in love with her work. It’s so unusual, eye-catching, and futuristic,” she said. “The cover for The Defiant has a lot of secret meanings hidden in it—including the color choices, and the two figures on the front. This is the last book in the trilogy, so all the mysteries get answered, but at the same time, there are some new twists and surprises. The characters have to decide what sides they must take, even if it goes against their instincts.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Uprising (1-2 of 2)
The Uprising, the follow-up to Lisa M. Stasse’s super-addictive The Forsaken, doesn’t hit shelves until August 2013. But EW can exclusively reveal the cover today. Here’s what Stasse had to say about the cover: “I was really excited when I saw the cover for The Uprising. It’s a little different from The Forsaken, but it still has the same mysterious, edgy sci-fi feel. I’m totally in love with Lizzy Bromley’s work. She designed the cover, and a great British artist named Dan Mountford took the photos for it. Much like The Forsaken, there are a lot of hidden secrets in the cover art. It will probably have more resonance for readers once they’ve read the book.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- John Oliver: 'Nauseous and uncomfortable' with fame
- 'Glee' recap: 'Opening Night'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- Colbert on 'Late Show' looks slighty nervous -- VIDEO 543
- Slaves to Love 452
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 492
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 385
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO