The final installment of The Forsaken trilogy won’t hit shelves until July 8, 2014, but you can read an exclusive excerpt of The Defiant today! This series has been one of my under-the-radar YA favorites, and I can’t wait to read the sure-to-be-epic conclusion. Author Lisa M. Stasse emailed us a few thoughts about the cover and book: “Lizzy Bromley designed the covers for The Forsaken and The Uprising as well. I am totally in love with her work. It’s so unusual, eye-catching, and futuristic,” she said. “The cover for The Defiant has a lot of secret meanings hidden in it—including the color choices, and the two figures on the front. This is the last book in the trilogy, so all the mysteries get answered, but at the same time, there are some new twists and surprises. The characters have to decide what sides they must take, even if it goes against their instincts.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Uprising (1-2 of 2)
The Uprising, the follow-up to Lisa M. Stasse’s super-addictive The Forsaken, doesn’t hit shelves until August 2013. But EW can exclusively reveal the cover today. Here’s what Stasse had to say about the cover: “I was really excited when I saw the cover for The Uprising. It’s a little different from The Forsaken, but it still has the same mysterious, edgy sci-fi feel. I’m totally in love with Lizzy Bromley’s work. She designed the cover, and a great British artist named Dan Mountford took the photos for it. Much like The Forsaken, there are a lot of hidden secrets in the cover art. It will probably have more resonance for readers once they’ve read the book.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad animal rights activists called 'cruel and irresponsible'
- 'Justified'; 'Agent Carter'; 'Parks and Recreation'; more TV recaps
- 'The Flash,' 'Supernatural'; 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce'; more TV recaps
- 'The Flash' boss answers burning Q's: 'We think it makes sense, hopefully you all will too'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad after animal rights activists call it 'cruel'
- Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy lead Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' reboot