The final installment of The Forsaken trilogy won’t hit shelves until July 8, 2014, but you can read an exclusive excerpt of The Defiant today! This series has been one of my under-the-radar YA favorites, and I can’t wait to read the sure-to-be-epic conclusion. Author Lisa M. Stasse emailed us a few thoughts about the cover and book: “Lizzy Bromley designed the covers for The Forsaken and The Uprising as well. I am totally in love with her work. It’s so unusual, eye-catching, and futuristic,” she said. “The cover for The Defiant has a lot of secret meanings hidden in it—including the color choices, and the two figures on the front. This is the last book in the trilogy, so all the mysteries get answered, but at the same time, there are some new twists and surprises. The characters have to decide what sides they must take, even if it goes against their instincts.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Uprising (1-2 of 2)
The Uprising, the follow-up to Lisa M. Stasse’s super-addictive The Forsaken, doesn’t hit shelves until August 2013. But EW can exclusively reveal the cover today. Here’s what Stasse had to say about the cover: “I was really excited when I saw the cover for The Uprising. It’s a little different from The Forsaken, but it still has the same mysterious, edgy sci-fi feel. I’m totally in love with Lizzy Bromley’s work. She designed the cover, and a great British artist named Dan Mountford took the photos for it. Much like The Forsaken, there are a lot of hidden secrets in the cover art. It will probably have more resonance for readers once they’ve read the book.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' review: Working too hard for too little payoff
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology from gamemaker for glitches
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Alfonso Ribeiro claims the mirrorball trophy
- Jennifer Aniston plays 'Horrible' prank on BBC DJ
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
Top 5 Most Read
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8