Some of you might know The Smiths as one of the seminal indie rock bands of the 1980’s, responsible for such landmark albums as Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead. Others (myself included) know them as “that band that Zooey Deschanel listens to in (500) Days of Summer“. Thanks to Ms. Deschanel’s music-savvy temptress and, now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the group that made Morrissey and Johnny Marr household names is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. But there’s much more to these Manchester lads than weepie teen fiction.
Tag: The Smiths (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'The Maze Runner' review: Something W.C.K.D. this way comes
- Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation 1814' at 25: The blueprint for modern R&B's golden age
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- Salma Hayek in 'Everly': Director Joe Lynch on making 'Die Hard'-in-a-room
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch