Some of you might know The Smiths as one of the seminal indie rock bands of the 1980’s, responsible for such landmark albums as Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead. Others (myself included) know them as “that band that Zooey Deschanel listens to in (500) Days of Summer“. Thanks to Ms. Deschanel’s music-savvy temptress and, now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the group that made Morrissey and Johnny Marr household names is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. But there’s much more to these Manchester lads than weepie teen fiction.
Tag: The Smiths (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races