I hate it when great YA reads fly under my radar. And that’s exactly what happened with Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds. Minds—the first in a planned trilogy—debuted last December and follows Ruby, one of the few kids to survive a mysterious disease killing American children. Ruby’s sent to a government rehabilitation camp at the age of 10, and now at 16, she’s dealing with powerful abilities she’s can’t control. I was admittedly late to the Darkest Minds party, but now I’m totally hooked on the series and even pestering Bracken on Twitter to send me an early copy of the second book, Never Fade. While my online fandom hasn’t yet produced a copy of book 2, I did manage to get an exclusive first look at the cover. Check it out after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Darkest Minds (1-2 of 2)
'The Darkest Minds': Check out the trailer and read an excerpt from Alexandra Bracken's new novel -- EXCLUSIVE
Meet your next dystopian obsession: Brightly Woven author Alexandra Bracken is back and we’ve got an exclusive first peek at her new novel!
The Darkest Minds centers on Ruby, a 16-year-old who breaks out of a government “rehabilitation camp” for super-powered humans. Desperate and lonely, she goes on the run and joins up with a group of other children who’ve managed to escape the camps. Together, they will journey to a safe haven known as East River. But does it truly offer the salvation they seek? Or is something darker afoot? Check out the trailer for The Darkest Minds below, then read an exclusive excerpt afterwards!
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO