Now that we all know that Robert Galbraith is J.K. Rowling’s pseudonym, there’s no way the sequel to last year’s surprise best-seller The Cuckoo’s Calling will spend any time in obscurity. The Silkworm will debut in the U.K. on June 19 and in the U.S. on June 24. Here’s the official plot description from Mulholland Books: READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Cuckoo's Calling (1-4 of 4)
Author J.K. Rowling accepted an apology and a charitable donation Wednesday from a law firm which revealed she wrote a crime novel under a pseudonym.
The Harry Potter author was exposed by a newspaper earlier this month as the author of The Cuckoo’s Calling, a thriller ostensibly written by former soldier and first-time novelist Robert Galbraith. READ FULL STORY
J.K. Rowling may not be happy to have been outed as the true author behind pseudonym Robert Galbraith and his detective novel debut The Cuckoo’s Calling. But with increased sales and a barrage of media attention, Rowling decided to speak out about her latest work, releasing a new Frequently Asked Questions section on Robert Galbraith’s official website.
Here are five of the most interesting tidbits to come out of Rowling/Galbraith’s FAQ answers: READ FULL STORY
The mystery has been solved.
A British law firm admitted Thursday that one of its partners inadvertently revealed that J.K. Rowling had authored a mystery novel, The Cuckoo’s Calling.
The Sunday Times newspaper revealed over the weekend that the Harry Potter author had penned the book under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith.
The newspaper said it had received a tip-off on Twitter, and there was speculation that Rowling or her publisher were behind the revelation — which has sent sales of the thriller skyrocketing.
But law firm Russells said Thursday that one of its partners, Chris Gossage, had let the information slip to his wife’s best friend, Judith Callegari — the woman behind the tweet. Her Twitter account has now been deleted.
A phone message left for Callegari was not immediately returned.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The right one won
- Lily Rabe talks return to 'American Horror Story': 'One of the great, great joys I have'
- 'Survivor' season 30 scoop: Jeff Probst shares new details on 'Worlds Apart'
- 'Ascension' finale: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'The 100'; 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac as Marcel the Shell for 'Conan'
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season
- 'Ascension' finale review: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- Aaron Sorkin, Steve Carell, and more react to Sony canceling 'The Interview'
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac's 'Landslide' as Marcel the Shell