Tons of readers became fans of Samantha Shannon’s debut novel The Bone Season, and luckily for them, it was the first in a seven-part series. At the outset of book two, entitled The Mime Order, Paige Mahoney is public enemy number one of the Scion, and the clairvoyant community is in total disarray. Take a look at the cover, revealed exclusively on EW.com, and read on as Shannon teases the next installment. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Bone Season (1-3 of 3)
In the near future, London will be under the control of a security force called Scion. Scion has outlawed supernaturals and their abilities. But Paige Mahoney is a clairvoyant — and she commits treason “just by breathing.” In Samantha Shannon’s The Bone Season (out Aug. 20), the first of a seven-part series, Paige finds herself in a voyant prison known as Oxford, under the watch of an alien race known as the Rephaim. The book’s trailer spins these mystical elements into a rainy-day thriller, complete with characters with faces which emit a wavy neon glow.
Watch it below. Are you in?
See the cover, excerpt, and Q&A for potential big-deal debut 'The Bone Season' by Samantha Shannon -- EXCLUSIVE
Get ready to question what you’re doing with your life. Samantha Shannon, a 21-year-old student currently pursuing a degree in English literature at Oxford University, has written The Bone Season, the first volume in a seven-book series. It has already been sold in 18 countries, and the film rights have been snapped up by The Imaginarium Studios, led by Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings) and Jonathan Cavendish (producer of Bridget Jones’ Diary). The global publication of The Bone Season doesn’t happen until August of this year, but we have the first-ever look at the cover, plus an interview and exclusive excerpt from the young author the Daily Mail has hailed as the possible “next J.K. Rowling.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Angry Inch' from 'Hedwig' at NYC club
- 25 most memorable pop culture moments of 2014
- Bruce Campbell talks 'Evil Dead' TV, and Ash as a 'crabby middle-aged man...the ultimate anti-hero'
- George Clooney, a.k.a., Lord Hollywood, visits 'Downton Abbey'; watch Xmas short
- 'Homeland' season finale recap: 'Long Time Coming'
- 'Homeland' season 4 finale 'one of the show's most beautiful episodes,' says Showtime boss
- Stephen Colbert, not 'Stephen Colbert': 7 clips of the man untethered from his TV persona