Last fall, Tonya Hurley released the first book in her Blessed trilogy. For the paperback release on June 25, the first novel in the series is getting brand new packaging, along with a new title, Precious Blood. Here’s a refresher from the official description: “Agnes, Cecilia, and Lucy are three lost girls—each with their own personal demons…. These girls meet one night when they all end up in the same hospital…and each wake up with a token from a boy they’ve only just met. Sebastian is gorgeous, mysterious, and has a plan for all of them. As each girl gets wrapped up in finding out just who Sebastian is, they each discover their own strengths, and realize the only way to save themselves is to save each other.” Check out the new cover after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Blessed (1-3 of 3)
Last week EW debuted the book trailer for Tonya Hurley’s new YA novel, The Blessed. Today we bring you an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the audiobook version of The Blessed (out Sept. 25).
Kara Hayward, the young lead in Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, has been tapped to bring Lucy, Agnes, and Cecelia to life by narrating the audiobook. Watch this exclusive video featuring photos from the recording, and an audio interview with Hayward discussing the narration process after the jump.
Tonya Hurley, the New York Times best-selling author of the ghostgirl series, is at it again with a brand new YA trilogy. The first book, The Blessed (out Sept. 25), is inspired by the stories of three Catholic martyrs: Lucy, Agnes, and Cecelia.
Here’s the official description: “A re-imagined redemption remix following three wayward teenage girls in Brooklyn that draws on the earliest martyrdom legends of St. Lucy, St. Cecelia and St. Agnes, The Blessed is a dark and gritty supernatural romance that puts an ancient twist on modern love and relationships. Along with the enigmatic Sebastian, Lucy, Agnes, and Cecilia are forced to figure out who is good and who is evil in the battle for not only love, but for their own souls.”
EW can reveal the exclusive trailer for The Blessed, which was filmed in Brooklyn’s St. Ann’s Church. Check it out after the jump.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Sons of Anarchy' trailer asks if Jax does bad things (Spoiler: Yes)
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'Outlander' author Diana Gabaldon visits 18th-century Scotland: First Look
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Pretty Little Liars' finale postmortem: (Spoiler) talks 'epic death'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos'
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins