Tao Lin, the enigmatic Brooklyn-based author of post-modern novels like Shoplifting from American Apparel, Richard Yates, and EEEEE EEE EEEE, has put more of himself in his upcoming novel Taipei (June 4) than in any of his previous works. Taipei centers on Paul as he navigates the art and literary scene in New York, and it also follows him to Taipei, Taiwan, where he searches for his family roots. Somewhere along the way, there’s also a Vegas wedding, a shop-lifting expedition throughout the South, and massive amounts of drugs. Read on for Lin’s thoughts on Taipei. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Tao Lin (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- 'Parks and Recreation' First Look: It's Treat Yo Self 2017
- Adam Scott to visit Rashida Jones' TBS comedy 'Angie Tribeca'
- David Tennant cast as villain in Netflix's 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Emma Watson set as Belle in live-action musical 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments