Tao Lin, the enigmatic Brooklyn-based author of post-modern novels like Shoplifting from American Apparel, Richard Yates, and EEEEE EEE EEEE, has put more of himself in his upcoming novel Taipei (June 4) than in any of his previous works. Taipei centers on Paul as he navigates the art and literary scene in New York, and it also follows him to Taipei, Taiwan, where he searches for his family roots. Somewhere along the way, there’s also a Vegas wedding, a shop-lifting expedition throughout the South, and massive amounts of drugs. Read on for Lin’s thoughts on Taipei. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Tao Lin (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The right one won
- Lily Rabe talks return to 'American Horror Story': 'One of the great, great joys I have'
- 'Survivor' season 30 scoop: Jeff Probst shares new details on 'Worlds Apart'
- 'Ascension' finale: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- 'The Interview' gets the hook; would a 'prestige' film have been pulled just the same?
- 'The 100'; 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jenny Slate sings Fleetwood Mac as Marcel the Shell for 'Conan'
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season
- 'Ascension' finale review: Lost in space, or 'Lost' in space?
- Aaron Sorkin, Steve Carell, and more react to Sony canceling 'The Interview'
- Ten things Andy Serkis can say about 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'