Tao Lin, the enigmatic Brooklyn-based author of post-modern novels like Shoplifting from American Apparel, Richard Yates, and EEEEE EEE EEEE, has put more of himself in his upcoming novel Taipei (June 4) than in any of his previous works. Taipei centers on Paul as he navigates the art and literary scene in New York, and it also follows him to Taipei, Taiwan, where he searches for his family roots. Somewhere along the way, there’s also a Vegas wedding, a shop-lifting expedition throughout the South, and massive amounts of drugs. Read on for Lin’s thoughts on Taipei. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Tao Lin (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- Julianne Hough joins 'DWTS' as fourth judge
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Saved By the Bell': Remembering when it was 'Bliss'
- MTV VMAs' most buzzed-about moments (non-performance division)
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
Top 5 Most Read
- Zen and the art of casting Bill Murray in your movie
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- 'Suits' postmortem: Creator Aaron Korsh talks Louis' showdown
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- 'Big Brother' recap: Betrayed, Betrayed, Betrayed