Tao Lin, the enigmatic Brooklyn-based author of post-modern novels like Shoplifting from American Apparel, Richard Yates, and EEEEE EEE EEEE, has put more of himself in his upcoming novel Taipei (June 4) than in any of his previous works. Taipei centers on Paul as he navigates the art and literary scene in New York, and it also follows him to Taipei, Taiwan, where he searches for his family roots. Somewhere along the way, there’s also a Vegas wedding, a shop-lifting expedition throughout the South, and massive amounts of drugs. Read on for Lin’s thoughts on Taipei. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Tao Lin (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Project Runway All Stars': Look who's back for another round
- 'Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln: Fear the beard in season 5
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 'Facts of Life' cast reunites, shares memories at PaleyFest
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Bill Hader reminisces about Stefon with TV hubby Seth Meyers
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Flash': How it went from concept to series in 5 superfast steps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed
- First Look: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt swept away in romantic drama 'By the Sea'