If there were any doubt that J.K. Rowling has put away childish things since concluding her beloved Harry Potter series seven years ago, consider the grisly description of the crime scene in her new mystery, The Silkworm: “a carcass: trussed, stinking and rotting, empty and gutted…like a slaughtered pig.” Even Voldemort might show more restraint. The victim is a pompous, third-rate novelist named Owen Quine whose final, typewritten manuscript describes just such a death—and also includes libelous fictional versions of all the potential suspects: his more successful literary rival, his chain-smoking agent, his boozy editor, his closeted publisher, his mousy wife, and his shrill mistress. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Silkworm (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- HBO comedy 'Togetherness' heads for the beach in First Look photo
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind
- Stephen Amell and Co. preview 'Arrow': Will Oliver find out about Thea-Malcolm partnership?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird
- Eliza Taylor talks Clarke's outlook as 'The 100' resumes: 'a lot of self-doubt and blame'