If there were any doubt that J.K. Rowling has put away childish things since concluding her beloved Harry Potter series seven years ago, consider the grisly description of the crime scene in her new mystery, The Silkworm: “a carcass: trussed, stinking and rotting, empty and gutted…like a slaughtered pig.” Even Voldemort might show more restraint. The victim is a pompous, third-rate novelist named Owen Quine whose final, typewritten manuscript describes just such a death—and also includes libelous fictional versions of all the potential suspects: his more successful literary rival, his chain-smoking agent, his boozy editor, his closeted publisher, his mousy wife, and his shrill mistress. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Silkworm (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him