If there were any doubt that J.K. Rowling has put away childish things since concluding her beloved Harry Potter series seven years ago, consider the grisly description of the crime scene in her new mystery, The Silkworm: “a carcass: trussed, stinking and rotting, empty and gutted…like a slaughtered pig.” Even Voldemort might show more restraint. The victim is a pompous, third-rate novelist named Owen Quine whose final, typewritten manuscript describes just such a death—and also includes libelous fictional versions of all the potential suspects: his more successful literary rival, his chain-smoking agent, his boozy editor, his closeted publisher, his mousy wife, and his shrill mistress. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Silkworm (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Walking Dead' cannibal Andrew J. West hunts his next target...on 'Hot in Cleveland'
- 'Today' and 'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang' Theory; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Parenthood'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps its series finale
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role