As Tahereh Mafi would say, it’s allliiiivvvee!! Ignite Me, the much-anticipated finale to Mafi’s Shatter Me series, hits shelves today. And, guys, it’s really good. Trilogies have the tendency to peter out over the course of the series, but the opposite is true for the Shatter Me trilogy. It just keeps getting better, and Ignite Me stays true to form. It’s Mafi’s strongest work to date, and longtime fans of the series won’t be disappointed. Here, Mafi answered some of our spoiler-free questions about the book—we know it hasn’t been out long. Check it out after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Shatter Me (1-5 of 5)
There are only five more days until Tahereh Mafi’s Ignite Me hits shelves. (Not that we’re counting or anything. But go ahead and mark your calendars for Feb. 4.) In the final installment, Juliette has to team up with Warner in an effort to stop the Reestablishment. But it doesn’t matter if you’re Team Adam or Team Warner. You just have to be a fan of the series to enjoy the book trailer for Ignite Me, and we’ve got an exclusive first look. READ FULL STORY
Meet Kyra. She’s a 16-year-old potions master on the run after attempting to poison her kingdom’s future ruler, who also happens to be her ex-best friend. (I know! Drama!) Now a wanted fugitive, Kyra’s only hope lies with… a pig?
“Can she save the kingdom with a piglet?” reads the cover tagline of Poison, the YA debut from the late Bridget Zinn. Ridiculous? Yes. Still, there’s something refreshing about its silliness amidst the interchangeable do-or-die taglines that seem to have become a staple for YA books these days. READ FULL STORY
Love 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth'? 10 other teen reads you can't miss: 'Warm Bodies,' 'Tempest' and more
No matter what faction you’re in, there’s one thing YA lovers can agree on.
Veronica Roth’s debut novel Divergent was named the No. 1 novel for teens in an online vote held by American Library Association from Aug. 15 to Sept. 15. Other books to make the top ten included John Green’s The Fault of Our Stars, Marie Lu’s Legend and Sarah Dessen’s What Happened to Goodbye.
Divergent is a good read, but if you’re like me, you’ve probably already read it and many of the other books on this list. So I’ve taken the time to compile my own list of favorite teen-oriented books. A lot of them are recent, a few are older, but they’re all stellar novels and a great springboard for more amazing books. Check out 10 other teen reads that I recommend after the jump!
Last fall Tahereh Mafi made waves with Shatter Me, her YA debut about Juliette—a girl who has the ability to kill people with a single touch. The sequel, Unravel Me, doesn’t come out until February. So to whet the appetite of her fans, Mafi wrote Destroy Me, a novella-length digital original to bridge the gap between the first and second novel. Destroy Me, which came out earlier this week, is written from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45. After the jump, watch the trailer for Destroy Me and then read an excerpt.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 680
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 527
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 486
- Slaves to Love 512
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 387
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!