As Tahereh Mafi would say, it’s allliiiivvvee!! Ignite Me, the much-anticipated finale to Mafi’s Shatter Me series, hits shelves today. And, guys, it’s really good. Trilogies have the tendency to peter out over the course of the series, but the opposite is true for the Shatter Me trilogy. It just keeps getting better, and Ignite Me stays true to form. It’s Mafi’s strongest work to date, and longtime fans of the series won’t be disappointed. Here, Mafi answered some of our spoiler-free questions about the book—we know it hasn’t been out long. Check it out after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Shatter Me (1-5 of 5)
There are only five more days until Tahereh Mafi’s Ignite Me hits shelves. (Not that we’re counting or anything. But go ahead and mark your calendars for Feb. 4.) In the final installment, Juliette has to team up with Warner in an effort to stop the Reestablishment. But it doesn’t matter if you’re Team Adam or Team Warner. You just have to be a fan of the series to enjoy the book trailer for Ignite Me, and we’ve got an exclusive first look. READ FULL STORY
Meet Kyra. She’s a 16-year-old potions master on the run after attempting to poison her kingdom’s future ruler, who also happens to be her ex-best friend. (I know! Drama!) Now a wanted fugitive, Kyra’s only hope lies with… a pig?
“Can she save the kingdom with a piglet?” reads the cover tagline of Poison, the YA debut from the late Bridget Zinn. Ridiculous? Yes. Still, there’s something refreshing about its silliness amidst the interchangeable do-or-die taglines that seem to have become a staple for YA books these days. READ FULL STORY
Love 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth'? 10 other teen reads you can't miss: 'Warm Bodies,' 'Tempest' and more
No matter what faction you’re in, there’s one thing YA lovers can agree on.
Veronica Roth’s debut novel Divergent was named the No. 1 novel for teens in an online vote held by American Library Association from Aug. 15 to Sept. 15. Other books to make the top ten included John Green’s The Fault of Our Stars, Marie Lu’s Legend and Sarah Dessen’s What Happened to Goodbye.
Divergent is a good read, but if you’re like me, you’ve probably already read it and many of the other books on this list. So I’ve taken the time to compile my own list of favorite teen-oriented books. A lot of them are recent, a few are older, but they’re all stellar novels and a great springboard for more amazing books. Check out 10 other teen reads that I recommend after the jump!
Last fall Tahereh Mafi made waves with Shatter Me, her YA debut about Juliette—a girl who has the ability to kill people with a single touch. The sequel, Unravel Me, doesn’t come out until February. So to whet the appetite of her fans, Mafi wrote Destroy Me, a novella-length digital original to bridge the gap between the first and second novel. Destroy Me, which came out earlier this week, is written from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45. After the jump, watch the trailer for Destroy Me and then read an excerpt.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him