If Catcher in the Rye author J.D. Salinger were alive today, he probably wouldn’t be happy with the attention a new movie and book about his life are getting. The famously reclusive author is the subject of Salinger, a documentary (out Sept. 6) that will be released jointly with a biography (out Sept. 3) of the same name. Salinger guarded his public image obsessively after he became famous, but director and screenwriter Shane Salerno managed to find brand new facts and photos after years of research and hundreds of interviews. The Weinstein Company has been keeping the bombshells Salerno uncovered under wraps, but EW has obtained a never-before-seen photo of Salinger from the project. Salerno explains how he found this photo and what it means. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Shane Salerno (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Gotham recap: 'Selina Kyle'
- 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
- '24: Live Another Day' Blu-ray/DVD shows us Tony Almeida in 'Solitary': First Look
- Emily Kinney talks 'Walking Dead': Daryl and Beth connected (but don't call them Deth)
- 'Family Guy' does the Bartman--and maybe 'South Park' still wins
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature
- 'Castle' boss: Season 7 will reveal more of why Castle is the way he is
- 'The Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television