If Catcher in the Rye author J.D. Salinger were alive today, he probably wouldn’t be happy with the attention a new movie and book about his life are getting. The famously reclusive author is the subject of Salinger, a documentary (out Sept. 6) that will be released jointly with a biography (out Sept. 3) of the same name. Salinger guarded his public image obsessively after he became famous, but director and screenwriter Shane Salerno managed to find brand new facts and photos after years of research and hundreds of interviews. The Weinstein Company has been keeping the bombshells Salerno uncovered under wraps, but EW has obtained a never-before-seen photo of Salinger from the project. Salerno explains how he found this photo and what it means. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Shane Salerno (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad animal rights activists called 'cruel and irresponsible'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- 'The Flash' boss answers burning Q's: 'We think it makes sense, hopefully you all will too'
- Tom Delonge posts letter to fans on Blink-182 rift
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Fantastic Four' teaser: Freezing frames and looking for clues
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?