Siege and Storm, the second book in Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha trilogy, hits shelves in June. And if Shadow and Bone—the first book in the series—is any indication, Siege will likely be a huge hit. Shadow and Bone was a New York Times best-seller, and has been optioned by Dreamworks with David Heyman of Harry Potter fame slated to produce the film. But before Shadow and Bone lands in theaters, we’ve got the exclusive trailer for Siege and Storm. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Shadow and Bone (1-3 of 3)
Love 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth'? 10 other teen reads you can't miss: 'Warm Bodies,' 'Tempest' and more
No matter what faction you’re in, there’s one thing YA lovers can agree on.
Veronica Roth’s debut novel Divergent was named the No. 1 novel for teens in an online vote held by American Library Association from Aug. 15 to Sept. 15. Other books to make the top ten included John Green’s The Fault of Our Stars, Marie Lu’s Legend and Sarah Dessen’s What Happened to Goodbye.
Divergent is a good read, but if you’re like me, you’ve probably already read it and many of the other books on this list. So I’ve taken the time to compile my own list of favorite teen-oriented books. A lot of them are recent, a few are older, but they’re all stellar novels and a great springboard for more amazing books. Check out 10 other teen reads that I recommend after the jump!
Debut author Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone hit shelves earlier this month. In its first week of publication, the YA novel hit the New York Times Chapter Books Bestseller list. And after tearing through book one in The Grisha Trilogy, it’s no surprise why readers are getting sucked in to the elaborate, Russian-inspired fantasy world that Bardugo has created.
Shadow and Bone follows heroine, Alina Starkov, an orphan girl who has been drafted into the army of her war-torn homeland, Ravka. Joining Alina is her best friend—and quintessential YA crush—Mal. When their convoy is attacked, Alina discovers a dormant power she didn’t know even existed. And down the rabbit hole she goes, as Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite.
The second book in The Grisha Trilogy, Siege and Storm, is scheduled for 2013. The final book, Ruin and Rising, will be released the following year. Here, Bardugo reveals the inspiration for Shadow and Bone, and drops a few hints about what’s to come. Warning: Mild spoilers ahead!
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 680
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 527
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 486
- Slaves to Love 512
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 387
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!