As Harper Lee celebrates her 88th birthday today, she unexpectedly announced an eBook version of To Kill A Mockingbird would be published this July. Until today, To Kill A Mockingbird and Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye were the two white rhinos that still eluded the eBook library’s collection of classics. [Guardian] READ FULL STORY
Tag: self-help (1-2 of 2)
It’s safe to say best-selling author Augusten Burroughs, who wrote Running with Scissors, has faced some unusual life experiences. He transformed himself from a former advertising employee grappling with alcoholism to a successful author—and that was just in the second half of his life. It’s no wonder he has a lot to say about coming out on top of life’s difficult situations.
In This is How (out May 8), Burroughs delivers raw advice on everything from “how to be fat” to “how to change the world” in a voice that’s heavy on honesty and light on the hand-holding.
Check out an a exclusive clip of Burrough’s no-nonsense advice below but — fair warning — the profanity is definitely NSFW. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6: Cody-Michelle, Marcus-Lacy, and...Jesse
- Gene Simmons: King of the Night Time World...and the Twist at P.S. 145
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Walking Dead': Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan talk Glenn and Maggie
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?