As Harper Lee celebrates her 88th birthday today, she unexpectedly announced an eBook version of To Kill A Mockingbird would be published this July. Until today, To Kill A Mockingbird and Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye were the two white rhinos that still eluded the eBook library’s collection of classics. [Guardian] READ FULL STORY
Tag: self-help (1-2 of 2)
It’s safe to say best-selling author Augusten Burroughs, who wrote Running with Scissors, has faced some unusual life experiences. He transformed himself from a former advertising employee grappling with alcoholism to a successful author—and that was just in the second half of his life. It’s no wonder he has a lot to say about coming out on top of life’s difficult situations.
In This is How (out May 8), Burroughs delivers raw advice on everything from “how to be fat” to “how to change the world” in a voice that’s heavy on honesty and light on the hand-holding.
Check out an a exclusive clip of Burrough’s no-nonsense advice below but — fair warning — the profanity is definitely NSFW. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?