Back in 1974, Chilean filmmaker Alejandro Jodorofsky began the ambitious project of translating sci-fi 1965 novel Dune to the big screen. Although Jodorofsky’s adaptation of the extraterrestrial story eventually fell apart because no Hollywood studio would finance the avant-garde, pricey film, the 1965 novel by American author Frank Herbert later inspired a book saga, a 1984 film, a three-part mini series in 2000, and even a comic book series.
Tag: sci-fi (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Walking Dead': Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan talk Glenn and Maggie
- Laverne Cox to guest on MTV's 'Faking It'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale