Tons of readers became fans of Samantha Shannon’s debut novel The Bone Season, and luckily for them, it was the first in a seven-part series. At the outset of book two, entitled The Mime Order, Paige Mahoney is public enemy number one of the Scion, and the clairvoyant community is in total disarray. Take a look at the cover, revealed exclusively on EW.com, and read on as Shannon teases the next installment. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Samantha Shannon (1-2 of 2)
In the near future, London will be under the control of a security force called Scion. Scion has outlawed supernaturals and their abilities. But Paige Mahoney is a clairvoyant — and she commits treason “just by breathing.” In Samantha Shannon’s The Bone Season (out Aug. 20), the first of a seven-part series, Paige finds herself in a voyant prison known as Oxford, under the watch of an alien race known as the Rephaim. The book’s trailer spins these mystical elements into a rainy-day thriller, complete with characters with faces which emit a wavy neon glow.
Watch it below. Are you in?
Latest Videos in Books
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying