Tons of readers became fans of Samantha Shannon’s debut novel The Bone Season, and luckily for them, it was the first in a seven-part series. At the outset of book two, entitled The Mime Order, Paige Mahoney is public enemy number one of the Scion, and the clairvoyant community is in total disarray. Take a look at the cover, revealed exclusively on EW.com, and read on as Shannon teases the next installment. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Samantha Shannon (1-2 of 2)
In the near future, London will be under the control of a security force called Scion. Scion has outlawed supernaturals and their abilities. But Paige Mahoney is a clairvoyant — and she commits treason “just by breathing.” In Samantha Shannon’s The Bone Season (out Aug. 20), the first of a seven-part series, Paige finds herself in a voyant prison known as Oxford, under the watch of an alien race known as the Rephaim. The book’s trailer spins these mystical elements into a rainy-day thriller, complete with characters with faces which emit a wavy neon glow.
Watch it below. Are you in?
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Utopia': Meet the cast of new reality series
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- Pierce Brosnan's got game? 007 vs. Jimmy Fallon in a round of 'Goldeneye'
- Lindsay Lohan selfie with Tina Fey teases EW's fall 'Mean Girls' reunion
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': Telling Louis Zamperini's story 'a giant responsibility'
- 'Wahlburgers'...or glimpse at real-life 'Entourage'? First Look
- 'NCIS' casts Stephanie Jacobsen; a new love interest for DiNozzo?
Top 5 Most Read
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date
- Love it or loathe it? EW debates Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off'