Some of you might know The Smiths as one of the seminal indie rock bands of the 1980′s, responsible for such landmark albums as Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead. Others (myself included) know them as “that band that Zooey Deschanel listens to in (500) Days of Summer“. Thanks to Ms. Deschanel’s music-savvy temptress and, now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the group that made Morrissey and Johnny Marr household names is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. But there’s much more to these Manchester lads than weepie teen fiction.
Tag: Rough Trade (1-1 of 1)
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- 'Homeland' recap: Loose Cannons
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Pain and Pan-ic
- Los Angeles Film Critics Awards: 'Gravity' ties with 'Her' for Best Picture, James Franco ties with Jared Leto
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO