Richard Blais is probably a fancier cook than you are, if you don’t know how to use liquid nitrogen and haven’t won a season of Top Chef. But Blais’ first cookbook, Try This At Home, isn’t as fancy as you might think — intentionally so. The culinary guide, which hits shelves today, covers a lot of ground in the kitchen, including chapters on condiments, breakfast foods, and a recipe for black spaghetti. But it’s been packaged as a ready-to-use, ready-to-be-stained manual for the “adventurous home cook.” EW spoke with Blais recently about why he decided now was the time for a cookbook and what went into the book’s bold feel.
Tag: Richard Blais (1-1 of 1)
Feb 26 2013 10:00 AM ET
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver