Richard Blais is probably a fancier cook than you are, if you don’t know how to use liquid nitrogen and haven’t won a season of Top Chef. But Blais’ first cookbook, Try This At Home, isn’t as fancy as you might think — intentionally so. The culinary guide, which hits shelves today, covers a lot of ground in the kitchen, including chapters on condiments, breakfast foods, and a recipe for black spaghetti. But it’s been packaged as a ready-to-use, ready-to-be-stained manual for the “adventurous home cook.” EW spoke with Blais recently about why he decided now was the time for a cookbook and what went into the book’s bold feel.
Tag: Richard Blais (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Inherent Vice': First Look at cover art for movie tie-in edition of novel
- 'Terminator: Genisys' storyboards: EW exclusive peek
- 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'