Richard Blais is probably a fancier cook than you are, if you don’t know how to use liquid nitrogen and haven’t won a season of Top Chef. But Blais’ first cookbook, Try This At Home, isn’t as fancy as you might think — intentionally so. The culinary guide, which hits shelves today, covers a lot of ground in the kitchen, including chapters on condiments, breakfast foods, and a recipe for black spaghetti. But it’s been packaged as a ready-to-use, ready-to-be-stained manual for the “adventurous home cook.” EW spoke with Blais recently about why he decided now was the time for a cookbook and what went into the book’s bold feel.
Tag: Richard Blais (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Mindy,' 'New Girl,' 'Brooklyn,' 'Following' renewed
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 'Bones' vs. 'something very vague and conspiratorial'
- SXSW 2014: 11 must-see movies
- Robert Rodriguez rewrites TV 'rules' with El Rey