Richard Blais is probably a fancier cook than you are, if you don’t know how to use liquid nitrogen and haven’t won a season of Top Chef. But Blais’ first cookbook, Try This At Home, isn’t as fancy as you might think — intentionally so. The culinary guide, which hits shelves today, covers a lot of ground in the kitchen, including chapters on condiments, breakfast foods, and a recipe for black spaghetti. But it’s been packaged as a ready-to-use, ready-to-be-stained manual for the “adventurous home cook.” EW spoke with Blais recently about why he decided now was the time for a cookbook and what went into the book’s bold feel.
Tag: Richard Blais (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'The Office' creator Greg Daniels reflects on finale: How they hid Steve Carell from NBC