Richard Blais is probably a fancier cook than you are, if you don’t know how to use liquid nitrogen and haven’t won a season of Top Chef. But Blais’ first cookbook, Try This At Home, isn’t as fancy as you might think — intentionally so. The culinary guide, which hits shelves today, covers a lot of ground in the kitchen, including chapters on condiments, breakfast foods, and a recipe for black spaghetti. But it’s been packaged as a ready-to-use, ready-to-be-stained manual for the “adventurous home cook.” EW spoke with Blais recently about why he decided now was the time for a cookbook and what went into the book’s bold feel.
Tag: Richard Blais (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Walking Dead': Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan talk Glenn and Maggie
- Laverne Cox to guest on MTV's 'Faking It'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'Under the Dome' recaps
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale