Audrey Khuner and Carolyn Newman, the visionaries who brought you Hot Guys and Baby Animals last year have come back with another sexy-adorable (sexdorable?) photo collection, this time starring fuzzy little birds and sometimes-fuzzy men in Hot Guys and Cute Chicks (Feb. 5). Take an early peek at some befeathered and pectacular man-bird duos.
Tag: Really Hot Guys (1-4 of 4)
He may have lost Sexiest Man Alive to Bradley Cooper a few weeks ago — although Cooper thinks Gosling was robbed! — but Ryan Gosling still has the Internet in his pocket. This time with a media twist.
As a spin-off of the ever-popular “Hey Girl” meme, where Ryan Gosling says supportive, wonderful things to you via some handy Photoshop, as originally started on F**KYeahRyanGosling, this Tumblr adds in the cutthroat world of publishing, alongside his beautiful face. Suddenly late nights, broken printers, and rejection letters don’t seem so bad. READ FULL STORY
The male librarian is not as rare a specimen as you might think. In fact, there are enough of them to fill out every month of the year. With the 2012 Men of the Stacks, which is sort of the book world’s answer to sexy firemen calendars, we get photos of a diverse group of men — who also happen to be librarians — in their natural habitats, which isn’t always the library! My favorites are Mr. January (in a pose that’s very, very mildly NSFW), Mr. September, and Mr. December, who’s pictured on the right. Who’s your favorite sexy shusher?
On behalf of English majors everywhere, I would like to extend a warm thank you to Alli Rense, for she has taken one small step for literacy — and one giant leap for man-loving-kind—with Hot Guys Reading Books, also known as The Place Where I Just Went to Reaffirm My Faith in the Blogosphere.
Now we know that James Franco isn’t the only looker who can lose himself on Catherine and Heathcliff’s English moors for days on end. Hot Guys gives us five new reader-submitted photos a week, proof positive that every day attractive men do, in fact, enjoy books. There are countless studies on why reading is a predominantly feminine pursuit — because we’re more verbal and social creatures, perhaps, or because we have longer attention spans, maybe? In the UK, 48 percent of women are avid readers, while only 26 percent of men are so-called active “Page Turners.”
But it’s that very concept which this blog hopes to debunk, as a window onto the world of the “luscious literary man,” caught reading in his natural habitat: the New York City subway, the beach-side hammock, and heck, even under a side table. In reality, the site’s much closer to the silly end of the gorgeous-goofy continuum. I admit, and so does Rense, that not all of the men are Franco-esque in terms of their swoon quotient. But in theory, it’s a welcome clarion call to male book lovers that they make themselves known — little insider’s tip, the ladies (especially those of us who still write notes in the margins, four years out of college) love a well-read fellow.
Not every Hot Guy will be your cup or tea, and he may not be reading something highbrow or revered. But even if he’s flipping through Dennis Rodman’s autobiography or the Oxford Mini School Dictionary (yeah, that happened), there’s something about the focused gaze of a man mid-paragraph, gnawing on a pencil, that just makes me want to beeline it to the nearest public library. Especially if there’s a chance to see that Denzel Washington READ poster that made literacy look better than it ever had before. So thank you, Hot Guys Reading Books, for giving these men a virtual space where they can shine, and we can ogle.
What do you think, Shelf Lifers—were you as delighted by this blog as me? Should we celebrate these bookish guys or dismiss them as mere eye candy? And why is it that women tend to read more, and more often, than men?
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- 'Mob City': 18 stylish shots
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Mob City': What to expect
- Frank Darabont: Back from the 'Dead'
- 'Naked and Afraid' (and awkward!)
- Tom Everett Scott joins 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 681
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 358
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- Gal Gadot to star as Wonder Woman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine