Like Ransom Riggs’ Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, the trailer for its sequel, Hollow City, starts out eerily beautiful until it turns just plain creepy. Check it out below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Ransom Riggs (1-4 of 4)
Most books as popular as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children are eventually adapted into a film or television series. But even though the book’s film rights were almost immediately snapped up by Twentieth Century Fox, the first adaptation of Ransom Riggs’ debut YA novel won’t be one for the screen.
Instead, Hachette Book Group is set to release a graphic novel version of the story — wholly appropriate, given Miss Peregrine‘s whimsical imagery and the eery old-timey photos sprinkled throughout the novel. Catch a glimpse at the manga-style creepfest, illustrated by Cassandra Jean, in the exclusive trailer below.
To the many readers who loved being weirded out by Ransom Riggs’ best-selling Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, the follow-up promises to be equally eerie. Hollow City won’t hit shelves until January, but check out the creepy cover — which features one of the many found photos from the book — and the official description below: READ FULL STORY
See the title and an excerpt from the sequel to 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' -- EXCLUSIVE
In 2011, Ransom Riggs spun a chilling fantasy story from a collection of creepy vintage photographs. The follow-up to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children — which EW can exclusively reveal will be titled Hollow City — begins in 1940, immediately after the first novel ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends flee to London, the peculiar capital of the world, where more danger awaits them. Once again, Hollow City (out Jan. 14) will come complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly unsettling) vintage photographs. Are you ready to be haunted again? Check out the first excerpt below! READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' quiz: Test your smarts
- 'Homeland' casts Broadway star Victoria Clark in big surprise role
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow accept Jimmy Kimmel's invite to read Mean Tweets
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Sons of Anarchy' star Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes
- Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree' in 'Mockingjay'