Today’s news includes confirmed deals for Willie Nelson and Morrissey’s autobiographies, while Amazon and Barnes & Noble unveil more digital features. Read on for today’s headlines: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Morrissey (1-4 of 4)
On the Books: P.D. James says she's solved real-life murder case; Morrissey autobiography finds U.S. publisher
The worlds of fiction and non-fiction are colliding — author P.D. James believes she’s solved a cold case. Meanwhile, fans of Morrissey in the U.S. may finally be able to get their hands on a copy (for less than the inflated prices of copies shipped from the U.K., anyway). Those headlines and more below: READ FULL STORY
On the Books: Morrissey memoir to be released this month; study finds 'literary fiction' increases reader empathy
Craving a look at Morrissey’s life? Want to know if fiction readers are more empathetic? Read on for more of today’s books headlines: READ FULL STORY
Interview with Tony Fletcher, author of 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of the Smiths'
Some of you might know The Smiths as one of the seminal indie rock bands of the 1980’s, responsible for such landmark albums as Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead. Others (myself included) know them as “that band that Zooey Deschanel listens to in (500) Days of Summer“. Thanks to Ms. Deschanel’s music-savvy temptress and, now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the group that made Morrissey and Johnny Marr household names is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. But there’s much more to these Manchester lads than weepie teen fiction.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad animal rights activists called 'cruel and irresponsible'
- 'Justified'; 'Agent Carter'; 'Parks and Recreation'; more TV recaps
- 'The Flash,' 'Supernatural'; 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce'; more TV recaps
- 'The Flash' boss answers burning Q's: 'We think it makes sense, hopefully you all will too'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad after animal rights activists call it 'cruel'
- Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy lead Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' reboot