Today’s news includes confirmed deals for Willie Nelson and Morrissey’s autobiographies, while Amazon and Barnes & Noble unveil more digital features. Read on for today’s headlines: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Morrissey (1-4 of 4)
On the Books: P.D. James says she's solved real-life murder case; Morrissey autobiography finds U.S. publisher
The worlds of fiction and non-fiction are colliding — author P.D. James believes she’s solved a cold case. Meanwhile, fans of Morrissey in the U.S. may finally be able to get their hands on a copy (for less than the inflated prices of copies shipped from the U.K., anyway). Those headlines and more below: READ FULL STORY
On the Books: Morrissey memoir to be released this month; study finds 'literary fiction' increases reader empathy
Craving a look at Morrissey’s life? Want to know if fiction readers are more empathetic? Read on for more of today’s books headlines: READ FULL STORY
Interview with Tony Fletcher, author of 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of the Smiths'
Some of you might know The Smiths as one of the seminal indie rock bands of the 1980′s, responsible for such landmark albums as Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead. Others (myself included) know them as “that band that Zooey Deschanel listens to in (500) Days of Summer“. Thanks to Ms. Deschanel’s music-savvy temptress and, now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the group that made Morrissey and Johnny Marr household names is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. But there’s much more to these Manchester lads than weepie teen fiction.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- Lily Allen has a go at pop queens in 'Sheezus'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Checking in on Pornstache
- 'American Idol' recap: Release the rockers
- 'Survivor': 4 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 662
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 511
- Slaves to Love 467
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 382
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 483
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show