Today’s news includes confirmed deals for Willie Nelson and Morrissey’s autobiographies, while Amazon and Barnes & Noble unveil more digital features. Read on for today’s headlines: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Morrissey (1-4 of 4)
On the Books: P.D. James says she's solved real-life murder case; Morrissey autobiography finds U.S. publisher
The worlds of fiction and non-fiction are colliding — author P.D. James believes she’s solved a cold case. Meanwhile, fans of Morrissey in the U.S. may finally be able to get their hands on a copy (for less than the inflated prices of copies shipped from the U.K., anyway). Those headlines and more below: READ FULL STORY
On the Books: Morrissey memoir to be released this month; study finds 'literary fiction' increases reader empathy
Craving a look at Morrissey’s life? Want to know if fiction readers are more empathetic? Read on for more of today’s books headlines: READ FULL STORY
Interview with Tony Fletcher, author of 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of the Smiths'
Some of you might know The Smiths as one of the seminal indie rock bands of the 1980’s, responsible for such landmark albums as Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead. Others (myself included) know them as “that band that Zooey Deschanel listens to in (500) Days of Summer“. Thanks to Ms. Deschanel’s music-savvy temptress and, now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the group that made Morrissey and Johnny Marr household names is experiencing a bit of a renaissance. But there’s much more to these Manchester lads than weepie teen fiction.
Latest Videos in Books
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying