Marissa Meyer doesn’t just write about fairytales — she’s living one. Scarlet, the second installment in the Lunar Chronicles following 2012′s Cinder, was published last week and it’s already hit #4 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Even more exciting, a movie could be on the horizon — Meyer says they’re “just wrapping up negotiations” with a studio. “I’m keeping my fingers crossed,” Meyer told us over the phone. If you’re as obsessed with the cyborg mechanic as we are, then this news is cause for its own royal ball. Check out more from our interview with the author after the jump, including her thoughts on her new fiery-haried protagonist and her favorite scene from Scarlet. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Marissa Meyer (1-2 of 2)
Scarlet, the second book in Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles series hits shelves February 5. Meyer’s debut, Cinder, was a retelling of Cinderella as a cyborg set in a futuristic New Beijing. Scarlet, which is an inventive take on Little Red Riding Hood picks up where Cinder left off. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'Workaholics' meet the 'Neighbors'
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- Movie-inspired TV: Best/worst
- TV stars with multiple signature roles
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene