Marissa Meyer doesn’t just write about fairytales — she’s living one. Scarlet, the second installment in the Lunar Chronicles following 2012’s Cinder, was published last week and it’s already hit #4 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Even more exciting, a movie could be on the horizon — Meyer says they’re “just wrapping up negotiations” with a studio. “I’m keeping my fingers crossed,” Meyer told us over the phone. If you’re as obsessed with the cyborg mechanic as we are, then this news is cause for its own royal ball. Check out more from our interview with the author after the jump, including her thoughts on her new fiery-haried protagonist and her favorite scene from Scarlet. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Marissa Meyer (1-2 of 2)
Scarlet, the second book in Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles series hits shelves February 5. Meyer’s debut, Cinder, was a retelling of Cinderella as a cyborg set in a futuristic New Beijing. Scarlet, which is an inventive take on Little Red Riding Hood picks up where Cinder left off. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
- 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'South Park' react: Attack of the drones
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- Stand-up comics endure hell gigs and live to tell the tales on EW's 'Polished'
- Cookie Monster spoofs 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'
Top 5 Most Read
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'Halo 2' shows revamped cinematics in new trailer
- Syfy plans to lure you back with these 5 shows