Marissa Meyer doesn’t just write about fairytales — she’s living one. Scarlet, the second installment in the Lunar Chronicles following 2012′s Cinder, was published last week and it’s already hit #4 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Even more exciting, a movie could be on the horizon — Meyer says they’re “just wrapping up negotiations” with a studio. “I’m keeping my fingers crossed,” Meyer told us over the phone. If you’re as obsessed with the cyborg mechanic as we are, then this news is cause for its own royal ball. Check out more from our interview with the author after the jump, including her thoughts on her new fiery-haried protagonist and her favorite scene from Scarlet. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Marissa Meyer (1-2 of 2)
Scarlet, the second book in Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles series hits shelves February 5. Meyer’s debut, Cinder, was a retelling of Cinderella as a cyborg set in a futuristic New Beijing. Scarlet, which is an inventive take on Little Red Riding Hood picks up where Cinder left off. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- Seth Meyers to host Emmys 2014
- 'Parks and Rec': About THAT finale surprise
- 'American Idol' recap: Top 5 are...
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Man on Fire'
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Salem': Marilyn Manson haunts new opening credits
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'Nothing Personal' poster art
Top 5 Most Read
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features
- Fifth purported Mel Gibson rant leaked online
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' mention spikes sales of 16th-century classical composer