Marissa Meyer doesn’t just write about fairytales — she’s living one. Scarlet, the second installment in the Lunar Chronicles following 2012’s Cinder, was published last week and it’s already hit #4 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Even more exciting, a movie could be on the horizon — Meyer says they’re “just wrapping up negotiations” with a studio. “I’m keeping my fingers crossed,” Meyer told us over the phone. If you’re as obsessed with the cyborg mechanic as we are, then this news is cause for its own royal ball. Check out more from our interview with the author after the jump, including her thoughts on her new fiery-haried protagonist and her favorite scene from Scarlet. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Marissa Meyer (1-2 of 2)
Scarlet, the second book in Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles series hits shelves February 5. Meyer’s debut, Cinder, was a retelling of Cinderella as a cyborg set in a futuristic New Beijing. Scarlet, which is an inventive take on Little Red Riding Hood picks up where Cinder left off. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- Zoe Saldana on first profile in her 'My Hero' series: My mom 'really let us find our own voice'
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'