I love it when my pop culture and YA worlds collide. So it’s really no surprise that I gobbled up Ava Dellaira’s debut novel, Love Letters to the Dead (out now). In Love Letters, the main character, Laurel, is given an assignment in English class: Write a letter to a dead person. She chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. May died young, just like Kurt did. But what starts as a simple assignment turns into a notebook full of letters to people such as Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Amelia Earhart, and more. Laurel’s letters help her process her feelings and grief surrounding May’s death. This book is a sweet, poignant debut that you won’t want to miss. Here, Dellaira talks about the inspiration for the book and her connection to fellow author Stephen Chbosky. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Love Letters to the Dead (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer
- 'Sons of Anarchy' salutes emotional Kurt Sutter
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- 'True Blood' recap: 'Karma'
- 'True Blood': Anna Paquin's hair is to dye for
- 'Mad Max' trailer: 'My world is fire and blood'
Top 5 Most Read
- See 5 minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut
- Sneak a peek at the 'Simpsons' season premiere, in which one character will die
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers'
- 'Game of Thrones' epic blooper reel released