Seven years after her debut, The Devil Wears Prada, became a smash film starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway, Lauren Weisberger, 36, discusses the return of her impeccably heeled characters in Revenge Wears Prada (out June 4). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lauren Weisberger (1-3 of 3)
If the sound of Meryl Streep murmuring “Ahn-dre-ah!” sends delicious chills down your spine, you may be counting down the days until the release of Lauren Weisberger’s sequel to The Devil Wears Prada, the 2003 roman à clef that inspired the hit 2006 film. EW has the first look at the cover of the hotly anticipated sequel, titled Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, which isn’t out until June 4.
Revenge Wears Prada picks up eight years after former Runway magazine assistant Andrea “Andy” Sachs parted ways with Miranda Priestly on bad terms. Andy is now editing The Plunge, the hottest bridal magazine around, alongside Emily, her one-time Runway nemesis turned current BFF. While Andy is planning her own wedding to Max, a handsome media scion, she remains haunted by her impeccably heeled former boss — and the magazine world being as small as it is, it’s only a matter of time before she runs into the legendary editrix once again.
Check out the cover below: READ FULL STORY
If trends come in cycles, maybe it’s time to bring Miranda Priestly, Andrea Sachs, and the “clackers” at Runway magazine out of the fashion closet. EW has learned exclusively that author Lauren Weisberger is working on Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, a sequel to her debut novel The Devil Wears Prada. Simon & Schuster will be publishing the follow-up in April 2013 — 10 years after the release of the original. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Laura Prepon on 'Orange': 'Alex fits me like a glove'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- John Green set to talk 'Fault' at BookCon panel
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 589
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 469
- Slaves to Love 453
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 494
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO