The One, the final installment of Kiera Cass’ Selection trilogy, doesn’t hit shelves until May 6. So unfortunately, we’ll have to wait until then to find out if America Singer chooses Aspen or Maxon. I’m emotionally preparing myself for either outcome, though I’m quite partial to Maxon. So fingers crossed things work out in his favor. In the meantime, check out this exclusive trailer teasing the conclusion to Cass’ best-selling YA series. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kiera Cass (1-4 of 4)
The Elite, the sequel to Kiera Cass’ 2012 debut The Selection, hits shelves today. And fans of the series—myself included—couldn’t be happier. The trilogy follows 17-year-old America Singer as she enters the Selection, a lottery in which girls from all castes are chosen to compete for a chance to marry Prince Maxon. And while America finds herself unexpectedly falling for the prince, she can’t forget the boy she left behind, Aspen. In honor of The Elite‘s release, Cass answered some of our burning questions about the series. (Unfortunately, the author remained tight-lipped about the title for book 3, but she did confirm that she would reveal the name in conjunction with HarperTeen and Ustream later today.) Check it out after the jump, and get caught up on the series before The CW launches its TV adaptation. READ FULL STORY
The Elite, the sequel to last year’s The Selection doesn’t hit shelves until April 23. But until then, whet your appetite with some Kiera Cass novella goodness: The Prince (available exclusively in e-format March 5) is a short story that takes place within the timeline of The Selection. On her blog, author Cass explained that the novella came about after her editor raised many questions during the editing process of The Selection. “Some of [the questions] led me to start looking at things the way other people in the stories would see them,” Cass wrote. “In the end, I wrote two scenes from different POVs, one from Aspen’s and one from Maxon’s.” READ FULL STORY
New addictive YA novel alert! The Selection, the first in a planned trilogy, hit shelves last week. In the book, the Selection is a lottery in which girls from all castes are picked to compete for a chance to marry Prince Maxon. Enter 17-year-old America Singer who has no interest in entering the Selection, particularly because she’s already in love with her secret boyfriend, Aspen.
Aspen insists she enter for the chance at a better life, and in a whirlwind of events, she gets chosen and winds up at the castle competing for the prince’s heart. It’s The Bachelor meets Cinderella, and I couldn’t put it down. Nor could pick sides in the quintessential YA love triangle. Team Maxon or Team Aspen? I don’t know!
The second book is slated for next spring, and while author Kiera Cass was tight-lipped about what’s coming in book two, she did confirm that Maxon, America, and Aspen will make clear choices. Unfortunately, those love-triangle decisions won’t be revealed until the third, and final, book.
Cass talked with us about her inspiration for the book and the already-in-the-works television adaptation for the CW. Announced stars include Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights) as America, Ethan Peck (In Time) as Prince Maxon, and William Moseley (The Chronicles of Narnia) as Aspen.
Latest Videos in Books
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Red Band Society' debuts: First impressions?
- 'Top Chef Duels' recap: Nyesha Arrington vs. Jennifer Carroll
- Kunal Nayyar sings Boyz II Men on 'Queen Latifah Show': Sneak peek
- Frankie's 'Big Brother' regret? 'Trusting Caleb. Period.'
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- No Blood On His Hands 601
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 569
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 484
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 440
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance