The downside to a trilogy you love is that after book 3, it’s all over. I tore through Emblaze (out March 5), the third book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, thinking that the end was right around the corner. But you have to love life’s little surprises: There are two more books in the series. If you’ve managed to miss out on this must-read, now’s the time to catch up. Especially before the TV version hits the air. (The CW is developing an hourlong drama based on the books.) Check out this interview with author Shirvington, and then click through for an exclusive excerpt from Emblaze. READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Jessica Shirvington (1-2 of 2)
If you’re looking for another addictive YA trilogy to add to your must-read list, may I suggest Embrace? The debut novel of author Jessica Shirvington hits shelves on March 6 and follows 17-year-old Violet Eden. Violet, a kickboxer who’s training for a marathon, discovers her trainer is a Grigori—part angel and part human—who hunts exiled angels. As you can imagine, this complicates their relationship. Watch the exclusive trailer for Embrace after the jump.
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- Billy Joel in 'N.Y. Times Mag': 10 tidbits
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!