Empower, the fifth and final book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, hit shelves earlier this month. In the high-stakes conclusion, Violet Eden risks it all to save her friend Spence. Two years after walking away from her friends and commitment to the Academy, Violet has to step back into her old life — and face the fallout — to make sure Spence is returned safe and sound. Here, Shirvington answered a few of our burning questions about the series and teases her upcoming projects. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jessica Shirvington (1-4 of 4)
Endless, the fourth and penultimate book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, hits U.S. shelves Oct. 1. It’s a fun, action-packed series that hasn’t received a ton of attention, but it’s highly addictive and perfect for YA fans. (Hence my slight obsession.) Here, we’ve got the exclusive first look at the trailer: “I have been a huge fan of all of the trailers that have been produced in the U.S, but this one especially sends a shiver up my spine,” says Shirvington. “I think it captures so much of the feeling of the book—not an easy thing to do in under a minute!” Check out the video after the jump, and then read on for a chat with Shirvington about the book and the conclusion of her Embrace series. Warning: minor spoilers ahead! READ FULL STORY
The downside to a trilogy you love is that after book 3, it’s all over. I tore through Emblaze (out March 5), the third book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, thinking that the end was right around the corner. But you have to love life’s little surprises: There are two more books in the series. If you’ve managed to miss out on this must-read, now’s the time to catch up. Especially before the TV version hits the air. (The CW is developing an hourlong drama based on the books.) Check out this interview with author Shirvington, and then click through for an exclusive excerpt from Emblaze. READ FULL STORY
If you’re looking for another addictive YA trilogy to add to your must-read list, may I suggest Embrace? The debut novel of author Jessica Shirvington hits shelves on March 6 and follows 17-year-old Violet Eden. Violet, a kickboxer who’s training for a marathon, discovers her trainer is a Grigori—part angel and part human—who hunts exiled angels. As you can imagine, this complicates their relationship. Watch the exclusive trailer for Embrace after the jump.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 506
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
Top 5 Most Read
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Elsa puts Storybrooke on lockdown
- 'Vampire Diaries': Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev talk Damon and Elena
- Zach Galifianakis rips January Jones: 'Everybody's going to forget about you in a few years'
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles