Empower, the fifth and final book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, hit shelves earlier this month. In the high-stakes conclusion, Violet Eden risks it all to save her friend Spence. Two years after walking away from her friends and commitment to the Academy, Violet has to step back into her old life — and face the fallout — to make sure Spence is returned safe and sound. Here, Shirvington answered a few of our burning questions about the series and teases her upcoming projects. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jessica Shirvington (1-4 of 4)
Endless, the fourth and penultimate book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, hits U.S. shelves Oct. 1. It’s a fun, action-packed series that hasn’t received a ton of attention, but it’s highly addictive and perfect for YA fans. (Hence my slight obsession.) Here, we’ve got the exclusive first look at the trailer: “I have been a huge fan of all of the trailers that have been produced in the U.S, but this one especially sends a shiver up my spine,” says Shirvington. “I think it captures so much of the feeling of the book—not an easy thing to do in under a minute!” Check out the video after the jump, and then read on for a chat with Shirvington about the book and the conclusion of her Embrace series. Warning: minor spoilers ahead! READ FULL STORY
The downside to a trilogy you love is that after book 3, it’s all over. I tore through Emblaze (out March 5), the third book in Jessica Shirvington’s Embrace series, thinking that the end was right around the corner. But you have to love life’s little surprises: There are two more books in the series. If you’ve managed to miss out on this must-read, now’s the time to catch up. Especially before the TV version hits the air. (The CW is developing an hourlong drama based on the books.) Check out this interview with author Shirvington, and then click through for an exclusive excerpt from Emblaze. READ FULL STORY
If you’re looking for another addictive YA trilogy to add to your must-read list, may I suggest Embrace? The debut novel of author Jessica Shirvington hits shelves on March 6 and follows 17-year-old Violet Eden. Violet, a kickboxer who’s training for a marathon, discovers her trainer is a Grigori—part angel and part human—who hunts exiled angels. As you can imagine, this complicates their relationship. Watch the exclusive trailer for Embrace after the jump.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young on the end of Smelly Mellie (and what's coming next)
- Alyssa Milano previews 'Project Runway All Stars'
- 'Vampire Diaries': Chris Wood on why Kai is the show's Ted Bundy
- 'Elementary': Lucy Liu and boss Rob Doherty name three characters to keep an eye on
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- Danity Kane's surprisingly weird 'DK3' is too good to ignore
- 'Survivor': Dale talks 'vultures' who ate all the rice
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'