We always knew that Muppet lover and Dracula musical writer Jason Segel was a giant kid at heart, and now he’s planning to tell stories directly aimed at a very young audience. The first novel from the former How I Met Your Mother star will hit shelves Sept. 9, and EW has the exclusive first look at the cover of Nightmares!. Read on for more on Segel’s own weird nightmares, the first screenplay he ever wrote, and his experiences reading Infinite Jest while preparing to play David Foster Wallace in an upcoming biopic. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jason Segel (1-2 of 2)
We always knew that Muppet lover and Dracula musical writer Jason Segel was a giant kid at heart, and now he’s planning to tell stories directly aimed at a very young audience. Random House announced this morning that the How I Met Your Mother star will be releasing a middle-grade series called Nightmares!, co-written by The Eternal Ones author Kirsten Miller. The first book is scheduled for release Fall 2014.
Nightmares! is an adventure story about a group of kids who realize it’s up to them to save their town from fear, which has manifested itself in the form of nightmare creatures that have slipped into the everyday world.
“Ultimately, it’s a story about learning that we can accomplish anything, as long as we are brave enough to try,” said Segel in a press release. “These are the types of stories that always inspired me.”
Follow @EWStephanLee on Twitter.
Latest Videos in Books
- Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell are 'Unbroken': See new EW cover
- Broadway star Tavi Gevinson picks her fave books; we pick her brain on creativity in 'Lightbulb' clip
- AMAs 2014 ratings big, but down from '13
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- American Music Awards 2014: 'Booty' gets buzz for J.Lo and Iggy