We always knew that Muppet lover and Dracula musical writer Jason Segel was a giant kid at heart, and now he’s planning to tell stories directly aimed at a very young audience. The first novel from the former How I Met Your Mother star will hit shelves Sept. 9, and EW has the exclusive first look at the cover of Nightmares!. Read on for more on Segel’s own weird nightmares, the first screenplay he ever wrote, and his experiences reading Infinite Jest while preparing to play David Foster Wallace in an upcoming biopic. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jason Segel (1-2 of 2)
We always knew that Muppet lover and Dracula musical writer Jason Segel was a giant kid at heart, and now he’s planning to tell stories directly aimed at a very young audience. Random House announced this morning that the How I Met Your Mother star will be releasing a middle-grade series called Nightmares!, co-written by The Eternal Ones author Kirsten Miller. The first book is scheduled for release Fall 2014.
Nightmares! is an adventure story about a group of kids who realize it’s up to them to save their town from fear, which has manifested itself in the form of nightmare creatures that have slipped into the everyday world.
“Ultimately, it’s a story about learning that we can accomplish anything, as long as we are brave enough to try,” said Segel in a press release. “These are the types of stories that always inspired me.”
Follow @EWStephanLee on Twitter.
Latest Videos in Books
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- David Schwimmer to play Robert Kardashian in Ryan Murphy's O.J. Simpson miniseries
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Colbert Report' finale singalong: A complete who's who in all-star chorus
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'Game of Thrones': See Arya's radical new costume design -- exclusive