Cassandra Clare recently opened up about Clockwork Prince, the newest installment in her Infernal Devices series. And on Friday the newest issue of EW, our Entertainers of the Year special, hit stands. So with the new issue on our mind, we decided to ask Clare about her personal favorite entertainer of 2011. Then, she offered up her picks for the best YA books of the year — other than her own, of course. Read on for Clare’s choices:
Tag: Infernal Devices (1-2 of 2)
Cassandra Clare talks 'Clockwork Prince' and reveals what's next for her Infernal Devices, Mortal Instruments series
Clockwork Prince, the second book in Cassandra Clare’s Infernal Devices series hit shelves Tuesday. She graciously took time out of her busy schedule to sit down with us and answer a few burning questions about Prince and her popular YA series, Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments. If you haven’t had a chance to read the newest installment, there are a few minor plot spoilers ahead. Here, Clare talks about the heart-breaking ending of Clockwork Prince, and gives fans a few clues about what to expect for her next books.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I know it’s still early, but what kind of response have you received for Clockwork Prince?
CASSANDRA CLARE: I’ve gotten a great response so far. You always worry because every book is different. People are like, “After your sixth book in print you must be used to it.” But you never get used to it. It’s kind of like having a baby. Every emergence into the world is different and going to be met with a different response. I knew that I put a lot of my heart and soul into this book. I loved writing it, but it has parts of it that are very sad. When you tug on your reader’s heartstrings, sometimes they can get a little upset.
Speaking of, that was a pretty sad ending! How have people reacted to the Jem/Tessa/Will storyline?
Heartbreak. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- Craig Ferguson signs off 'Late Late Show' with an all-star 'Drum' corps--and a dream
- Leslie Jones talks 'SNL': 'I want people to authentically laugh again. My job is to bring the tickle.'
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 great gift ideas
- 'Big Bang Theory': 15 ideas if you're shopping for a fan
- 'Mad Men': 20 gift ideas for dapper Dons (or Bettys)
- 'Girls' fans (and their guys) will love these 13 gift ideas
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever