Cassandra Clare recently opened up about Clockwork Prince, the newest installment in her Infernal Devices series. And on Friday the newest issue of EW, our Entertainers of the Year special, hit stands. So with the new issue on our mind, we decided to ask Clare about her personal favorite entertainer of 2011. Then, she offered up her picks for the best YA books of the year — other than her own, of course. Read on for Clare’s choices:
Tag: Infernal Devices (1-2 of 2)
Cassandra Clare talks 'Clockwork Prince' and reveals what's next for her Infernal Devices, Mortal Instruments series
Clockwork Prince, the second book in Cassandra Clare’s Infernal Devices series hit shelves Tuesday. She graciously took time out of her busy schedule to sit down with us and answer a few burning questions about Prince and her popular YA series, Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments. If you haven’t had a chance to read the newest installment, there are a few minor plot spoilers ahead. Here, Clare talks about the heart-breaking ending of Clockwork Prince, and gives fans a few clues about what to expect for her next books.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I know it’s still early, but what kind of response have you received for Clockwork Prince?
CASSANDRA CLARE: I’ve gotten a great response so far. You always worry because every book is different. People are like, “After your sixth book in print you must be used to it.” But you never get used to it. It’s kind of like having a baby. Every emergence into the world is different and going to be met with a different response. I knew that I put a lot of my heart and soul into this book. I loved writing it, but it has parts of it that are very sad. When you tug on your reader’s heartstrings, sometimes they can get a little upset.
Speaking of, that was a pretty sad ending! How have people reacted to the Jem/Tessa/Will storyline?
Heartbreak. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- 'Making of Peter Pan Live': 5 things we learned
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman on his acrobatic Broadway debut in 'Pippin'
Top 5 Most Read
- Ubisoft apologizes for 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' issues
- Meet Christian Grey's family in new 'Fifty Shades' photos
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reveals how he orders the votes at Tribal Council
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot