It’s a weird collection of book news this Monday. To start with, Jimmy Carter has a new book, A Call to Action: Women, Religion, Violence, and Power, which hits shelves tomorrow. The 39th President has published more than 25 books during his career, covering everything from history to politics to “The Virtues of Aging.” But his newest book is on the subjugation of women around the world, looking closely at how religion is used as a tool of oppression. NPR interviewed the former president this weekend and you can listen to an excerpt on their website.
Tag: Holly Black (1-2 of 2)
Holly Black’s standalone YA novel, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, hits shelves Sept. 3. But the book trailer—and the beginning of our fangirling—hits the web today. First, read the official description of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, then check out the trailer after the jump: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- 'Doctor Who': 12 episodes you'd pick to get a newbie hooked
- 'Bachelor In Paradise': Ben Scott's deleted 'redemption story' clip
- Ben Stiller's 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls': A sneak peek
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan: Why we're rooting for her
- 'Into the Woods' teaser: No one sings, everyone wishes
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online