It’s a weird collection of book news this Monday. To start with, Jimmy Carter has a new book, A Call to Action: Women, Religion, Violence, and Power, which hits shelves tomorrow. The 39th President has published more than 25 books during his career, covering everything from history to politics to “The Virtues of Aging.” But his newest book is on the subjugation of women around the world, looking closely at how religion is used as a tool of oppression. NPR interviewed the former president this weekend and you can listen to an excerpt on their website.
Tag: Holly Black (1-2 of 2)
Holly Black’s standalone YA novel, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, hits shelves Sept. 3. But the book trailer—and the beginning of our fangirling—hits the web today. First, read the official description of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, then check out the trailer after the jump: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Hawaii Five-0' season premiere sneak peek: McGarrett and Danno go to therapy
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Fox is finally making 'X-Men' spinoff 'Deadpool'
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- Naked body painting! Naked drum circle! And other things we saw at 'Dating Naked: The Wedding'