If you want some Halloween scares, you might as well get them from a classic. Gris Grimly’s faithful yet original graphic novel update of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein contains Shelley’s original prose — wholly untouched — and Grimly’s signature haunting artwork, which has won praise from the likes of Guillermo del Toro. See below for a taste from the book: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Halloween (1-3 of 3)
Awkward family portraits can be scarier than chainsaw-wielding killers and tainted candy — especially if your family goes all out for Halloween. From Mike Bender and Doug Chernack, the masterminds behind Awkward Family Photos, comes a holiday edition that will keep you laughing and cringing for the rest of the year. Check out a few ghoulish selections here!
Although she might dread forced alone time with Jonathan Franzen more than ghosts or witches, author Jennifer Weiner taps into some more universal fears with her latest Halloween-themed eShort Story Disconnected (available today on on Amazon.com, iBooks, B&N.com, booksamillion.com, Bookish, and IndieBound). The story centers on Shannon Will (who will also appear in Weiner’s upcoming novel All Fall Down), a recovering drug abuser who begins getting mysterious — and extremely creepy — text messages once she leaves rehab.
Disconnected follows in the tradition of Weiner’s previous haunting eShorts like A Memoir of Grief and Recalculating.
Latest Videos in Books
- 'SHIELD' gag reel: It takes a few takes to save the world
- 'Agents of SHIELD' intros sexy new character
- 'Game of Thrones': Jonathan Pryce, 8 more join cast
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- 'Originals' season 2 trailer: It's Kol
- 'Walking Dead' season 5 trailer: Negotiating Terminus
- 'Bones' First Look: Watch Booth struggle in prison
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1