Don’t be so quick to diagnose writer’s block. Like many literary authors, Donna Tartt simply prefers to write at a deliberate pace. Upon its 1992 release, Tartt’s debut novel The Secret History became one of those once-in-a-decade sensations that not only won rave reviews but also enjoyed considerable commercial success and made a celebrity of the young author. Her much-anticipated, long-awaited follow-up, 2002′s The Little Friend, didn’t win the same acclaim. We’ve had to wait even longer for her third novel The Goldfinch, which is coming out Oct. 22, 11 years after The Little Friend. Here’s the plot description for the new book: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Goldfinch (1-1 of 1)
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best singles of '13: EW picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best nonfiction books of '13: EW picks...
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Doc Jensen's Picks
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more