Don’t be so quick to diagnose writer’s block. Like many literary authors, Donna Tartt simply prefers to write at a deliberate pace. Upon its 1992 release, Tartt’s debut novel The Secret History became one of those once-in-a-decade sensations that not only won rave reviews but also enjoyed considerable commercial success and made a celebrity of the young author. Her much-anticipated, long-awaited follow-up, 2002′s The Little Friend, didn’t win the same acclaim. We’ve had to wait even longer for her third novel The Goldfinch, which is coming out Oct. 22, 11 years after The Little Friend. Here’s the plot description for the new book: READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Goldfinch (1-1 of 1)
Feb 12 2013 02:04 PM ET
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- Seth Meyers on 'SNL' transition: 'Today'
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Warehouse 13' canceled by Syfy
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings