Have you ever been forced to pretend that a kid’s bad art is a masterpiece? Super-manly blogger and “art” critic Maddox, lord of The Best Page in the Universe, has put together a compendium of children’s scribbles and his hilariously harsh critiques. The grades he gives these budding artists range from the shameful F– to the highest honor, F+ (although he hands A+’s to his own work, naturally). Maddox’s snarky takedowns of crayon drawings have been popular online for many years, but it’s even more hilarious to see them bound in a glossy, visually stimulating, occasionally eye-vomit-inducing coffee table book. I Am Better Than Your Kids is available in stores Nov. 1, but Maddox has shared a few pages and his comments for us to enjoy early. (Also, before anyone takes things too seriously, no children were scarred for life during the making of this book. Many of the featured child artists are now adults who fully realize they used to have no skills). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Go the F**k to Sleep (1-2 of 2)
On the Books June 14: Werner Herzog reads 'Go the F**k to Sleep,' Terry Pratchett defends assisted death, and more
++ German auteur Werner Herzog, director of some very grownup films, is lending his voice to the literary sensation Go the F**k to Sleep, the children’s book sendup for adults by Adam Mansbach. The recorded reading by Herzog will be played at the New York Public Library to coincide with the release of the book (out today). Fans of the popular Youtube series of a Herzog soundalike reading children’s classics like Madeline and Where’s Waldo will be excited to get the real thing — although I suspect even adults might have trouble getting the f**k to sleep after hearing Herzog read. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Books
- Robert Kirkman talks 'AIR,' Norman Reedus' role in it
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Jon Stewart: 'Let's Buy CNN' -- with incentives
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!