Have you ever been forced to pretend that a kid’s bad art is a masterpiece? Super-manly blogger and “art” critic Maddox, lord of The Best Page in the Universe, has put together a compendium of children’s scribbles and his hilariously harsh critiques. The grades he gives these budding artists range from the shameful F– to the highest honor, F+ (although he hands A+’s to his own work, naturally). Maddox’s snarky takedowns of crayon drawings have been popular online for many years, but it’s even more hilarious to see them bound in a glossy, visually stimulating, occasionally eye-vomit-inducing coffee table book. I Am Better Than Your Kids is available in stores Nov. 1, but Maddox has shared a few pages and his comments for us to enjoy early. (Also, before anyone takes things too seriously, no children were scarred for life during the making of this book. Many of the featured child artists are now adults who fully realize they used to have no skills). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Go the F**k to Sleep (1-2 of 2)
On the Books June 14: Werner Herzog reads 'Go the F**k to Sleep,' Terry Pratchett defends assisted death, and more
++ German auteur Werner Herzog, director of some very grownup films, is lending his voice to the literary sensation Go the F**k to Sleep, the children’s book sendup for adults by Adam Mansbach. The recorded reading by Herzog will be played at the New York Public Library to coincide with the release of the book (out today). Fans of the popular Youtube series of a Herzog soundalike reading children’s classics like Madeline and Where’s Waldo will be excited to get the real thing — although I suspect even adults might have trouble getting the f**k to sleep after hearing Herzog read. READ FULL STORY
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'Downton Abbey' U.K. Xmas special: Spoilery teaser
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Music on TV: What was THAT song?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian
- Disney acquires rights for future 'Indiana Jones' films